The Behringer Gear-in-progress Thread

3 Likes

First time for seeing this image, i think. There is three in the picture which is a good sign.

It’s not shipping yet, but is getting closer. This was done in collaboration of the original creator, Vladimir Kuzmin.

The Russian labels on the controls are good.

16 Likes

Hope they sell a version with only the cyrillic lettering. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Interesting, this certainly will be something different. I like the collaboration with original designer.

1 Like

Yes, same with Hirotribe. It’s awesome when they work with original designers to create an ultimate version of a synth.

1 Like

The RSF Kobol Expander has shipped from Behringer manufacturing, and can be pre-ordered. ( thread )

UPDATE : Put up better image. Look at the CV interface. CV per knob per function mostly. Now for order from Sweetwater too.

2 Likes

@Jukka What is your gut feeling about the pipeline of synths to be launched? Behringer have announced an aweful lot. Im eagerly waiting for the Model 15 to launched, and was stunned the Kobol was launched sooner than this one.

1 Like

What happened to the red button tease?, looked like something from arcade machine.

2 Likes

Well not that i know anything more than anyone ( so gut reactions ) – Behringer works in parallel with teams of developers. so that can jumble order. If there is single paths for them it is probably in manufacture, my impression is they do large batches once the initial design is firm. I don’t think there is a large degree of strategy to the order of releases, other than them increasing the complexity and completeness of design. ( By completeness, things like making MIDI controls broader, adding CV control, using common components between designs, that sort of thing. )

But that said there is also some indication for how much they talk about something and for how long, being indicative of its progress. But then there are the out of the blue surprises too, like for instance the PP1 ( Perfect Pitch module ), which if i had to guess was a side result of another project. The Toro was another that sort of came out of the blue, perhaps it was easier for them to engineer.

There is an enormous amount of GIP for them so it’s hard to predict what might surface next. The Model 15 seems a real possible module to come up sooner than later though.

I want to hear what others think.

2 Likes

That’s a really interesting and well-thought out estimate. Thanks for sharing that (I knew you had a great take on it :slight_smile:).

I don’t know much about development and production, but your take on it seems to explain the seemingly random and somewhat erratic order of releases. I do, however, find it a bit odd that they sometimes produce YT-videos of seemingly good-go-go-products (such as the Model 15) and then there is complete radio silence.

I take this is due to chip shortage, or maybe something akin to quality assurance, but it seems odd that there then are other products that launch without much marketing.

I guess it all adds to the mystique of Behringer :eyes:

Shipping from factory. $99

3 Likes

totally cool with the dirt cheap mi clones

modular is not for me but it’s nice to know that a small decent rack is achievable for those (like myself) who are on lower incomes

building a behringer rack would be a cool hobby to have with your kid

Is this Marbles? Straight one-to-one copy or tweaks on the format as seen with Brains?

She also made everything open source by her own choice.

4 Likes

Yes Marbles. Don’t know if they’ve made additions. The original was released open source under a Creative Commons License ShareAlike clause so they would need to share any additions, if they used the original code. If this is open source, others can definitely go and make modifications too.

Larger Image :

They also have another Mutable Instruments Eurorack in progress, that they call Surges, which is Ripples.

So i think these two and Brains are the Mutable Instrument Eurorack they have.

5 Likes

Highly highly speculative but given that the current managing director of Modal Electronics, Christian Stahl once worked for Behringer, ( see my post ) and that Modal needs some assistance at the moment too, could it be ???

It occurs to me that the 002 and the 008, would be killer top end synths if cost reduced in redesign.

The digital technology in the Argon, Cobalt and Carbon would also benefit Behringer technologically. And how about a $400 price tag for the Behringer versions ?

It at least is being examined, though these sorts of deals can be a challenge to put together.

1 Like

Interesting analysis, but not exactly ‘Behringer’ gear-in-progress - this topic could get further off-topic rather quickly if this broad door is opened … perhaps best left at that as it’s indeed speculative and therefore not in-progress … certainly not as far as the public are presently aware

May fit well in a different (or potentially fresh) topic if there’s any interest

4 Likes

With caption, “We’re getting there.

6 Likes

I would pay pretty much whatever they ask for this

We need more Cabasa

1 Like