The Behringer Gear-in-progress Thread

This makes me wonder, is there presently any affordable drum machine with both hardware level controls AND hardware panning controls?

TR8, TR8S

2 Likes

I meant dedicated panning knobs per instrument, but close enough!

We have clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What’s our vector, Victor?

Looks like they are shipping from the factory now.

ADDED : I was first with the Airplane quote – Synthtopia came after.

9 Likes

Wow – this sounds lovely.

And also appears to be available as a tiny desktop synth:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BehrProVS--behringer-pro-vs-mini-hybrid-vector-synthesizer

From Behringer FB :
It’s alive!!! We’re getting close to finishing our BX700, a really cool Groove Box.
It’s a DX7 on steroids as it has an authentic CS-80 analog filter, a built-in drum machine, a B-Ray and many other cool features.

18 Likes

Lol cloning d-beam, whyyy

I’d be curious about this one if it used dx-7 chips and took dx-7 sysex. I’m pretty sure neither are happening. But maybe useful to other folks?

1 Like

What, they actually went through with this one, eh? Pretty unique synth, although I’m a little saddened they didn’t pick up on the design suggestions. The colours …

Are true to the Yamaha gear of that era although the actual shades look a little off in those pics compared to the OG models.

Wow, did they really shove a D-Beam on that stuff? LOL.

Nice groovebox though.

Behringer wrote in the comments:

–> Consider me interested.

No, that’s B-Ray, yo! :rofl:

but still with only one filter. so its not true 16 polyphony, but paraphonic.

A DX7 has no filters at all and one doesn’t need them necessarily with fm-synthesis. It is added as an extra on this bx700. Therefore I would consider the cs-80 filter merely as an fx-unit, as a chorus or a distortion would be. You wouldn’t have those per voice.

3 Likes

i didnt criticize it. just wanted to make it clear :slight_smile:

This looks awesome. Is that a little audio input I see next to the output? I wonder if you’ll be able to run external audio through its effects?

Maybe too complicated for me with a dx7 engine inside and probably no digital filter per voice.
But really well surprised by a combo drum+synth in a groovebox from Behringer !

Did somebody hear some news about this one? It’s the only thing i am always hoping to see when opening this thread^^ Could save me all this faderfoxmoneeyy

Behringer is in the process of changing to greener packaging for their equipment that uses recyclable materials as opposed to the plastic packaging mostly in use now. Hopefully that is lower carbon too.

You are talking about the BCR32 Zaquencer. Last word from Behringer was March 8, 2022. They said this at the time :
The firmware is currently developed by our German team, but we have no timeline for completion yet.

Definitely GIP though. Frustrating that this still has not shipped.

1 Like

Yup, I’d hope that with their latest releases supporting Midi CC that something like the new BCR would be on the horizon. Maybe wishful thinking tho!