The Behringer era

I see an MC707 in Q1, after that I’ll be shrinking my inventory.
Unless elektron announce something of course.

Already have my mc707… I’m ready for the Model: FM :laughing:

I would take building synths over some of the other shit jobs available its ruff in China thank you capitalism & globalism too deep for beats

Sometimes it feels like Uli’s mission is to reissue all those classic vintage synths… just so we realise that they weren’t actually that special or magical after all.

I’m still not comfortable with the blatant copying of vintage designs, although I’d probably buy a Pro-1 if it had Dave Smith’s blessing (not remotely likely). It’s not even as if they’re adding much modern functionality to the original designs, beyond MIDI and a few patch points.

I actually love what Behringer is doing. first of all, you can buy a decent replcation for a decent price. but I like more is that I think this will lively up the synth game in general. Reissuing older lines will become less and new ideas and concepts will have to be developed.

Go Uli! I dont have any of the replica synths BTW.

1 Like

It’s a small group of people derailing every Behringer product thread into off-topic discussions about Behringer being a bad company that harms their workers or is unable to design anything on their own. (It is the reason why mods created this topic)

In a Neutron-thread (or every other Behringer-Original product) they will steer the discussion to Behringer to be a capitalist company that treats their chinese workers like shit.

On every other thread about their clones, they will state that Behrigner does nothing original and is only able to copy other people’s designs.

If Behringer does add something new to their clones, then now it isnt a true clone anymore because it is not faithful to the original.

The thing is: Behringer could release a cure for cancer and those people would still golfclap, put on their fake-yawns and play it down. And why?

Because they have a hateboner for this company and and they are on their little internet crusades and will continue to invest their freetime to write multi-paragraph posts about clones that dont interest them at all.

14 Likes

100% agree.

I skip all that BS if the first sentence starts with bashing.

i guess we‘ll see also updates for the Neutron and hopefully the ability to play the lfo as Digital Poly. There was one guy developing an alternative firmware for the Neutron who found out that the digital part of the synth is quite powerful for such tasks and he was asked by behringer to work for music tribe.

Uli, Go all in.

1 Like

hahahahaha

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Behringer Model D Synth

golf clap and hateboner sounds like a the band lineup at a friday night punk show.

7 Likes

Golf clap is a top band name!

1 Like

also everytime I see folks lecturing us on the evils of corporations while sitting on a forum made by a corporation i envision this …

giphy

3 Likes

:smile: it exists already!

1 Like

4 Likes

That’s true but also most of that stuff that deserves it all gets rightfully flagged and taken down pretty quickly. Anyone saying that in a behringer topic is probably someone new to the forum at this point or daft seeing as they will be flagged for that every time.

Let’s not pretend the hate boner doesn’t swing in all directions.

Its like the bible always said “he who points to the first hate boner may be stroking his own hate boner as well”

People are maybe overly critical of behringer but also people are overly defensive for them. A lot of the “positivity” in the behringer roland clones comes from a position of trying to put down other gear. Which basically baits people into these boner filled arguments.

The threads eventually do seem to even out and become productive for people trying to decide what they might want. Best to avoid them for the first few weeks until they even out imo.

2 Likes

As if there’s anything in the world cheaper than fancy dudes with fancy synths making fancy garbage for fancy boneheads in fancy clubs.

1 Like

Yeah but they are. An original 1960 Mustang is a special thing, a replica isnt, its a replica. The newest car called Mustang isnt the same thing as the original, is it special? I dunno, ask Mustang nerds.

An old house (and but old I mean european old…) has character, it has a feeling. New houses dont have that. I say that as a european by the way.

Old record players, old guitars, old anything!

The special bit comes from the fact that, that old thing is still being used and has been used and loved by someone, and still works, and still brings joy.
In an age known for throw away consumerism, ‘vintage’ ‘classics’’ are special.

Modern synths will become special in the same way over time. Look at the Machinedrum…

Will that happen with behringer copies?

Actually, a scientific study (based on blind tests, look for Claudia Fritz) recently demonstrated that Stradivarius don’t sound better than recent state of the art violins.
There is a large part of preferring old instruments that is due to a priori conceptions.

Vintage/classics are not necessarily special.
They might have a story, that’s true.
But I’d rather get forward-looking instruments.

Behringer is now #1 seller on Thomann, Uli’s strategy of flooding the market with classics clearly worked.
To survive, other brands won’t have any other way than improve and design the future. Not with VR :tongue:, maybe more like Osmose MPE.

7 Likes

This 100%. Anybody that looks down on Behringer for ethics and lack of corporate responsibility, etc… at least know there is a positive reaction in that the competition will have to innovate to stay relevant.

1 Like

I have been in the Elektron era for 10 years now. Don’t see Behringer replacing those instruments any time soon, and I now own 3 Uli’s, though anything is possible. Just gotta keep an eye on which employees get poached from which companies to predict Behringer’s future directions.