Behringer Model D Synth

I just saw this on FB/ Instagram

5 Likes

Nice! You can almost fool yourself that you got the real deal when you got that one :grinning:

Nobody can stop his route.

3 Likes

Mhmmm what could that be?

Mentioned morph a few times… Maybe a Model D keyboard? Or maybe they’re gonna start putting a small brown Plasticine model in the packaging for each Model D?

Fantastic trailers and videos too! It’s nice to see they’re self aware and not totally up their own arse.

2 Likes

The development of the warp drive was recognized by the United Federation of Planets as the marker of an advanced society. It was only after a people developed warp drive that the Federation made contact

Uli responded to me 5 minutes ago.

5 Likes

Dr. Zefram Cochrane Was the inventor of the warp drive :wink::joy:

4 Likes

but did he patent it?

4 Likes

So perhaps a four voice Model D?

3 Likes

bemoryboog

1 Like

Saw this on another B thread. That’s my take. Keyboard or module tho?

1 Like

Based on imaginary facts.

Keyboard (based on ms1)
Sequencer based on ms1 (unfortunately) maybe even 4 track sequencer but sync will be an issue for many firmwares.
Built in fx (like the arp clone)
4 note poly
£799

Basic functions will be buggy on release with no reviews mentioning them, it’s a added bonus surprise for early adopters at no extra cost.
Loopop will do a preview (no bad thing , he’s the only influencer I follow these days)
Pre orders will open up , ship date will be within a few weeks and once the fuss has died down ship date will move to June 1st 2020

I hope I’m wrong.

1 Like

You may be psychic re5et, if we accept that it’s a keyboard – except for the price, i’d say more like $500, given that the Deepmind 6 is $550 new. I also don’t see why they can’t springboard off the engineering in the Deepmind series.

I also think it’s possible that it’s another Eurorack box, like the half dozen they already have, with 4 D’s in the same space costing a trivial amount more – $350?

I saw that there is a connector on the back of the pcb near the midi connectors. And as the Model D can be daisychained via midi,
perhaps its an additional card that you can put inside the case to get three more voices?

Pretty shure that connector is for power if you mount it in a eurorack case.

2 Likes

Hey it occurs to me the “real” Warp Drive may work in the 4th dimension – 4D. OK i’m a bit crazy today, forget that.

1 Like

No, thats the black one. I am talking about the white one:

the white one is for the Original Case and Outputs.

Seems unlikely as you wouldn’t expect there to be provision to know the settings of the primary analog voice given that it’s a clone., The specifics of the teaser do make it harder to be confident it’s not related to the original hardware in some way

1 Like

And it being Behringer make it easier to be confident that they’re going to try and sell another piece of gear

1 Like