The Behringer era

true, i’m not going to debate it further because you have said it all. Everybody is free to buy what he/she wants

Well, I’ve had issues and repairs with gear from all brands, even Elektron… including xfader replacement, non-responding encoders, fading lcd screens, and so on.
From all the gear I bought from Behringer, the worse has been “sticky” switches on a cheap analog mixer after 4 years of home use.

2 Likes

Of course, that’s why I also stopped buying Elektron, they f******** me up twice, not a third time!

1 Like

Try again maybe… “third time lucky”… or not. :rofl:

looks like my thread on changing the name of the forum to Behringernauts got closed and referenced this thread… I wasnt making a cloning or ethics argument, just an observation that almost everytime I log into the forum there’s a new Behringer product everyone is talking about :grinning: Oh well, somehow my attempt at humor got passed over into some ethics argument, geez cant people just lighten up. It seems like most people these days are so into proving how virtuous they are by signaling some cause they pretend to be concerned about for a minute when its convenient :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Seriously I bet you are on the forum more often than that :rofl:

1 Like

I didn’t realise this is how the majority behaved.
I’m as outraged as you are :joy:
(I never think of myself as ‘most people’.)

2 Likes

I’m outraged too! I’m typing this really hard on my keyboard with maximum pressure! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::laughing:

And turbi, just having a laugh, your original thread was lighthearted, I guess the mods just saw it coming to a natural petering out. :+1:

1 Like

one of the many benefits of being self employed is having the freedom to waste time on this forum.:+1:

1 Like

A lot of the behringer threads read a bit like old console wars threads, where a bunch of kids argued over Sony sheeple, Microsoft xbots… Sega doing what nintendont. And while it goes both ways I more often see behringer fans, attacking other products and blindly defending. Say something slightly critical but relevant to the subject and atleast in my experience get flagged for off topic or get knee jerk reactions. It seems to be impossible to have an interesting adult discussion in the topics. Then again behringers marketing strategy seems to be at least partially flaming other companies, so I guess it makes sense that there fans do the same. The best part about the behringers is they are cheap and the worst part is the fan noise. I guess at the end of the day it’s all a bit silly… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Off base, negative oriented, generalized comments only serve to make an environment where bickering is bound to happen.

Dissect the subject of discourse or the product in question. Attacking the individuals participating in the discourse quickly leads downhill.

Agree with this. Much can be misconstrued in the text format. Friendly banter can turn into a handbags at dawn.

Personally - I like Behringer as a disruptor.
We all face obsolescence in our daily chores, synth companies should not be sacred cows.
Blatant ‘tributes to classic synths’ will run out as a mission though, so they need to focus more on their own innovation.

The whole labour argument is bogus. No electronics manufacturer has knowledge let alone a choice of the progeny of their components. Sticking on a label or clicking together parts made elsewhere doesn’t mean ‘Made in XXX’ is true.

Furthermore, noble sentiments and avoiding so-called sweatshops is a lot more complex that simple arguments. Foreign business, ethically run, can be a lifeline.

But it is so complex, and we are so inexpert, best not to even try pontificate.

2 Likes

ahaha…

Capture%20d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran%20de%202019-11-20%2010-51-11

Nobody is safe anymore :joy:

2 Likes

At least you didn’t go ALL CAPS. That plus the Vector avatar would probably be more than the internet can handle.

1 Like

Accelerationism in the name of consumerism isn’t something to cheer on, long term.

I couldn’t care less about any Behringer product being released and I’m tired of every forum everywhere being overwhelmed by threads about them.

Not much into synths then?

2 Likes

No, just not theirs

you can mute threads and sub forums. Or don’t participate in the threads you don’t like. Posting bumps the thread, don’t like seeing a thread, not posting and letting it die is one way to make that happen.

There are an overwhelming amount of threads here regarding the next product synth company x,y, or z is currently shilling. It’s not just a Behringer thing.

Gear lust is rampant around here lately.

4 Likes