The AR Feature Request Thread {closed}

1. Adjust levels across multiple tracks in one go by holding them all down (together with TRACK). Maybe this could be done even for the other track parameters. It should move up or down relative to what is already set in the tracks, maxing out at full or zero level. (btw., it’s a great available feature that you can adjust a locked parameter for a multiple of trigs or trigless locks, just by holding them all down and turnimg the knob!). You could work this by two hands, let’s say left pressing TRACK key, right hand pressing down up to five tracks, then left can release TRACK and go across the right arm to adjust parameters :slight_smile: or maybe even better starting with right hand moving left above of the other hand, then coming back to knobbing.

2. Yes, a second LFO for all tracks, maybe with two destination parameters. And/or new mod destination options for the existing LFO for combined modulation of two parameters. For example, modulate sample start and end position in unisono to get something like wavetable scanning. For a proper vibrato modulation, allow to modulate both synth and sample tunings in combination. …

3. Finer resolution for the AMP EG attack parameter. 0 is clicking. 1 is a proper head start, 2 is already sounding a bit weak to me… I guess it would be hard to do now it is already settled and people are creating sounds…

4. For song/chain mode I like to be able to set the mutes for a future play of a pattern, not just the one actually playing. Maybe an option to copy the current GREEN mute state into the/a YELLOW one (song mutes). I was hoping to be able to construct songs live on the fly, but for this I need to be able to program mutes in the future, I think.

5. ‘Save all modified kits’ option in kit menu. For now I always have to remember which I have touched, which could be come difficult. after a long session. I really don’t like to do again and again this grip to Yes/save and Kit keys every time I have created something valuable. I rather prefer to Reload in case I went wrong and otherwise just switch patterns freely.

6. I would actually like some kind of digital EQ on a track, maybe accessed from another AMP page, I don’t know, maybe just a simple locut/hicut option? What already sounds good for the delay effect and should not be too computationally expensive. But it probably would save from having to use an external mixer in many situations. It certainly would make the Rytm more attractive as a standalone live instrument! Mixers are just too heavy! (rant)

Anyway, thanks for the great instrument!

The lack of sample preview seems like a huge oversight!! Did they not get any feedback on this thing when they were beta testing it?!

It would be nice to have some sort of Decay on the Samples too, not just length as it clicks too much. I’ve been trying to add short percussive sounds to compliment the analog stuff in order to make hybrid sounds but it’s difficult when the the Len just cuts the sound off as opposed to something a bit more natural.

Recording Retrigs is on my list too. Another obvious one. Dunno how this made it past them. Pretty basic drum machine stuff right there.

LOVE the Scenes and Perf features!! So much fun to be had with a 4 bar pattern!!

+1 to digital EQ on each track - even just simple low cut/ hi cut option.

This is kind of necessary if you are sending everything out through the stereo and in live situations without sending everything through a mixer.

Just the second LFO. One LFO is not enough for this machine.

I’d like a lot of these things - additional LFOs, digital EQ, etc. would all be nice, but they don’t seem like realistic additions to me. It might be possible to route LFOs from one sound to another, though. That would be great.

Previewing before loading samples seems much more realistic, and very important to me! The current workflow is a pain unless you happen to know the exact drum hit you need by name. Please fix this! Otherwise really loving the Rytm

Are you guys talking about previewing samples when selecting them under the Sample section? As far as I know, you can preview the samples by scrolling through them and hitting the selected track pad.

Nah, I’m aware of that. I mean when loading to the project itself.

not being able to preview samples is completely insane. especially given that they just appear as a list of numbers, it makes finding and organizing samples a complete pain.

we also need more synthesis machines for things like hi hats. the built in machine for cymbals just doesn’t cut it and i’m having to rely on samples. this shouldn’t be the case for this machine

also. why can’t i parameter lock retrigs when in mute mode? the two are not connected and the screen isn’t being used for anything else while mute is turned on.

i quite like the RTYM but it’s very limited. my macinedrum offers significantly more sonic possibilities. i’m going to keep it just because it’s a nice thing to have in the studio but i really think elektron have stagnated, rather than innovated with this machine. maybe even taken a step backwards. hopeful it’ll improve with future updates

Multi Map
Fantastic feature in the A4/AKeys and would be very useful on the AR.

AR as a USB drive device
For fast and easy copy/paste of samples and folders from a computer.

i would love user definable scales in chromatic mode, major, minor, dim etc etc - would be unbelievable! i never thought i would be blown away by chromatic mode anyway - but it is fast becoming my favourite thing about the AR!

not sure if this has been mentioned yet but it would be cool if the track section LEDs lit to indicate which parts (synth/sample/amp) had parameter locks. in the same way that the OT indicates which tracks/pages have locks.

First and foremost… Pad Velocity Sensitivity needs a big improvement with adjustable sensitivity. This is a must.

I would also like to see different FX added, so that for example Reverb could be your choice of Plate, Box, Spring, Small Room, Big Room, Hall, Cathedral, Infinite, etc.

Some less conventional, more experimental noise focused machine types would be a great addition as well.

I would also love to see this.

1. Allow for modulation of up to 4 track parameters according to note number, similar to how note velocity is handled.

Yes, user scales.

Loving Chromatic Mode as well.

This might be a feature request . . . I can’t seem to find the volume adjustments for external gear. Am I blind or did they not think to add this. I know I can always turn down an external instrument but some are quite and could use a boost. Wold be nice to use FX as well like the A4.

I want the audio in to have te ability to use the filter on this machine.

i hope Elektron are reading this thread

If you want audio in to the filters, you would have to do some soldering…

^ …sounds interesting :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: show us the soldering points! :alien: :joy:

I’m sure it’s been mentioned before but a direct way to load samples straight from the Octatrack via Usb, for OT users it would easily make up for the AR’s inability to sample.

Also I’ll 2nd the above, not being able to sample previews is an annoyance,