The AR Feature Request Thread {closed}

I would like to be able to play the pads live in a quantified way, I mean like an MPC, it seems to be a very standard feature for a drum machine with pads isn’t it?

^^ second one! yes PLEASE!!! Here i miss my mpc1000, add samples to it was super easy and fast

Sorry, but that doesn’t make any sense. By “quantified” do you mean “quantized”? You can turn quantization on and off by pressing [record]+[play] twice.

Also you can only quantize recorded material, not something that is played live. To quantize live playing the machine would need to be able to predict the future, as quantizing notes works by adjusting the timing of the played note to the nearest position on the quantization grid (e.g. 16th notes).

Sorry, but that doesn’t make any sense. By “quantified” do you mean “quantized”? You can turn quantization on and off by pressing [record]+[play] twice.

Also you can only quantize recorded material, not something that is played live. To quantize live playing the machine would need to be able to predict the future, as quantizing notes works by adjusting the timing of the played note to the nearest position on the quantization grid (e.g. 16th notes).[/quote]
If you mean quantized retrigs i beleive this is coming in a future OS update since it is mentioned in the manual (the Q.START option on the retrig settings panel). It is not implemented in the current OS tho.

Sometimes I would like to play the Rytm together with acoustic instruments like Didgeridoo which are not always tuned to a precise semitone. Please offer a global tuning option. Adjusting for half of semitone max won’t effect proper drum sounds much (I guess) but for bass, chromatic leads and so on it can make all the difference.

There is some clicking sound when envelopes are retriggered while not fully released, sometimes can be very audible and annoying. I hope this is already addressed as a bug. My old Microwave I also had this when using the individual outs. It should be solvable. Currently it does not work to increase the attack time by any amount, the click is still there.

Did I mention some kind of internal resampling would make this machine totally irresistable? Let me select which tracks should go into it. Just one pattern length max buffer. Even buying an Octatrack would not give me the same possibilities of DJ effects with analog filters. Ok, You want me to add another Analog Four for this, I can understand. At the moment I am considering using something like Turnado on an iPad.

In chromatic mode, when pushing retrig + multiple pads, it would do an arpeggio!

That + the scales :imp:

Another feature I would like to see that I used in my old R-8. On the R-8 I could set all the pads to a custom pitch to basically create my own scales. I would love to see in chromatic mode where I could set my own pitch values for the pads.

Yes, that’s what I meant “Petur” :slight_smile: Cool to know that it’s coming!
(Sorry for my bad English it’s not my first language.)
And for “snowcrash”, I’m sorry but the Mpc does play the pads in a quantized way. When you push any pad it waits to play the sound until it’s right on time… (I hope it makes sense this time.)

Seriously? But that means, you’ll need to constantly play ahead of time. Probably it does have some threshold on late notes, so it’s gradual quantization, meaning it only takes full effect when the pattern is looped for the first time. Can’t see that much benefit… but why not.

Btw. I sometimes got the impression from the demos, that note-lengths are not recorded properly in real time rec mode. Any comments on that?

this is probably not a real feature and probably either already mentioned or the guys at the HQ are aware of it, but it would be nice to have a message that tells when a sample is being uploaded…once you know how it works is fine, but at the beginning i thought nothing was happening and had to try few times before realizing that the sample was there waiting to be used :expressionless:

Seriously? But that means, you’ll need to constantly play ahead of time. Probably it does have some threshold on late notes, so it’s gradual quantization, meaning it only takes full effect when the pattern is looped for the first time. Can’t see that much benefit… but why not.

Btw. I sometimes got the impression from the demos, that note-lengths are not recorded properly in real time rec mode. Any comments on that?[/quote]
there is no MPC OS that quantizes your live playing. the first time you record the sequence it is always in “real time” and sounds as it is played. it then quantizes the next time it plays (or not) depending on how you have it setup. snowcrash is correct.

+1

and mono-exclusive (choke/mute) groups, not just 1 assignment, like in the tempest… the dr-660 has a good implementation

trig routing:

hold a track’s pad to temporarily steal the sequencer trigs from the current track and route them to the held track, overriding that track’s sequence. would be lush for fills, e.g. you have a 16th hi-hat pattern, then hold various pads to use the hat sequence for a fill on these other instruments.

Cool idea! +1 on that!

Can we have swing values less than 50%?

Lol but 50% = no swing. You can’t actually have less than NO swing :slight_smile:

Lol but 50% = no swing. You can’t actually have less than NO swing :)[/quote]
Yes you can! Having every other 16th note advanced instead of delayed. Other sequencers have this function.

Yes you can! Having every other 16th note advanced instead of delayed. Other sequencers have this function.[/quote]
Isn’t this handled by microtiming adjustments?

Yes you can! Having every other 16th note advanced instead of delayed. Other sequencers have this function.[/quote]
Isn’t this handled by microtiming adjustments?[/quote]
If you do it by microtiming, you have to individually adjust every single swung trig.

dunno if this has been mentioned before, but i’d like to lock a saved song, so that it cannot be altered or overwritten (until unlocked of course)

sometimes in song mode it’s easy to forget you have a song open and change to a new pattern, which changed the song. you have to clear the song and turn off song mode, which is a pain and easy to forget