Texas nauts party fun time

I now know of four (including myself) Elektronauts who live in the DFW area. There are two of us (at least) in Denton @xcc and I, and two that we know of in Funky Town, @bodymechanics and @StreetDeezy. Are there others here in the DFW/North Texas area?

Maybe we should have a Texas Nauts meetup if there is enough interest. Or, if there are enough of us who are down to play a live show, I could try to book us a gig in Denton or Dallas or something. Or we could just hang, or jam, whatever’s clever.

Another thought, we could also make a private message group with all of us where we could propose gear trades (no trade talk in the public threads though, of course) and let each other know when good local shows happen, or good deals on gear, ect. Could be useful.

So… Roll call. DFW nauts, stand up!

4 Likes

I’m from Dallas, currently in Austin though and don’t make it up there too often these days. I’m desperately trying to get out of Texas before the summer.

1 Like

Yeah buddy, nothing like that Texas heat, except for Arizona heat. Ugh.

I’m a rhinestone Cowboy.

I’m in San Antonio.

2 Likes

Denton here. Great idea!

1 Like

Austin, but I’d go to a Texas Nauts meet up.

2 Likes

I have family in Plano and am frequently in the DFW. I think having a meet up/jam sesh would be awesome. I am there at least once a month!

2 Likes

I have a salon near downtown Ft. Worth. It’s not huge but we could do a meet there. There’s a lot of electrical outlets.

3 Likes

I’m in Austin too. Maybe we should have an Austin chapter! I don’t mind driving a few hours to DFW but my main challenge is my 2 year old daughter.

3 Likes

Austin! I’d do a drive!

3 Likes

Let’s all just drive to marfa

5 Likes

After looking at the map a bit, It looks like Waco would be a decent city to do it in so that Austin and San Antonio folk don’t have to drive all day long. Maybe we could do two groups and we merge for one big meetup once a year or something.

Edit: There’s no open salon with outlets available for us in Waco though.

1 Like

Burritos are only available 11-1:15, then you can get a coffee from 1:20 to 2:08, but not on Wednesdays.

2 Likes

Grilled cheese every 3rd and a half Saturday

2 Likes

Haha, when I went, I didn’t know the rules. Turns out the whole damn city is closed half the week, so I didn’t get to do anything fun.

Big Bend is the shit though. Really want to go back, such alien landscapes.

2 Likes

Except June, April, and leap-year Septembers, in that order.

1 Like

I’m not at all cowpoking around here homies. I can set one up in Denton anytime but that would be a long drive for most, especially the Austin Crowd. Y’all wanna meet somewheres in the dadgum middle than? Over yonder? Giggity.

1 Like

Just do one in Denton and we’ll see who can show up.
I can probably take the train to Denton.

1 Like

If you give a several weeks heads up, I’m so down to head to Denton!

2 Likes