Teenage Engineering OP-1

If you have access to a Gate then you can really quiet the op-1. I run op-1 straight into OT and then in Ableton I have a noise gate on that channel. I rarely hear any noise

1 Like

Soooooo temptingā€¦ bites nails

1 Like

You do know there is a noisegate built-in the Octatrack, right? :wink:
I created this album on the OP-1 last year using only samples taken from an old&broken reel-to-reel/sw radio.

9 Likes

Iā€™ll look into that! I was just commenting for folks thinking about buying ground loop isolators.

Rephazer, your track is AWESOME <3

1 Like

Eah, sounds great!

1 Like

That whole album is beautiful. Lovely composition and sounds in there, youā€™ve made my morning on a nice rainy day :content:

1 Like

Is there?

Two of them, one for a/b and one for c/dā€¦
Control menu, Inputā€¦
:mute:

4 Likes

Does anyone know if thereā€™s a way to be able to continue editing and creating your endless sequencer sequence after releasing your finger off shift?
I gather not really.
having to get the melody right without being able to play it back and analyze where I need to go with it hampers my melodic abilities to the point I canā€™t really write anything with the endless, but itā€™s my favourite sequencer n I reeeally wanna use it.
any ideas?

Would be very cool to be able to edit Endless afterward, donā€™t think itā€™s possible tho? I maybe remember reading you can kind of undo/edit the last step you entered, might have dreamt that thoā€¦

1 Like

yea the last step thing works, I seen it upon the YouTubes :slight_smile: :+1:

1 Like

Thanks a lot guys!

Not sure if others have noticed this, but I just received a new OP-1 which came with the battery completely drained. So I charged it for a few hours and have noticed a small lag on the volume when I switch it on. I press down on a key and the volume starts off quite low before reaching the level dialled in on the knob. This only happens at start up.
From memory I didnt have this happen on my older unit (which I no longer have to test).

2 other points Iā€™ve noticed.

1. When charging via USB the indicators to show the unit is charging donā€™t always come on depending on the source
  2. In tape mode, flicking between Tracks 1-4 while running causes momentary stutter/audio drop outs

hmmā€¦ this is all probably quite normal but wanted to the guys/gals on here that own one.

Thanks!

Charging indicators can often be a law unto themselves on OP1 :wink: as long as it ā€˜worksā€™ youā€™re good, pay them no mind :wink:

Hitting tape tracks 1-4 will cause dropout type behavior depending whatā€™s on the track, as thatā€™s how you ā€˜soloā€™. If the track is empty and youā€™re selecting it to record, youā€™ll briefly solo that trackā€™s silence.

Havenā€™t noticed the volume lag thing on startup that you mention. If itā€™s only very brief issue then maybe just part of things booting up? What OS are you on? Iā€™m on the final beta still, I need to update at some pointā€¦

1 Like

@Callofthevoid to the rescue! You know I knew you were going to come back given youre a massive OP fan and user. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m on R00218 firmware - itā€™s what it shipped with and I think its the most current?

I see what you are saying by ā€˜soloā€™ - if you press and hold that track it soloā€™s itā€¦ so just by tapping and switching between it will ā€˜drop outā€™. is there a way to flick between tracks while tape is running without causing this soloā€™ing?

I wonder if the gradual volume has anything to do with a protect your ears on power up featureā€¦ which kind of defeats the purpose considering the pop on power on is quite loud lol

Haha :slight_smile: I love Op1 but Iā€™m no ninja :wink: Not sure if thereā€™s a way to select track without soloing. Maybe shift + track worth a try if havenā€™t already?

Yeah the startup pop/click is pretty loud huh :wink:

Not sure what the number of current firmware is. If you have arpeggio and voltage then youā€™re prob up to date tho :slight_smile:

1 Like

the volume delay after booting is normal behaviourā€¦

2 Likes

good to know thank you!

This is the shortcut to ā€œMute trackā€
You canā€™t select a track without soloing in my knowledge.

@Nikarga Why would you want to do this in the first place ?
And : post on operator-1.com pal, thatā€™s where OP-1 gurus are at :smile:

2 Likes