Teenage Engineering OP-1

Hi.

I recently purchased a second hands OP-1. However, even if the master volume is zero, a single click noise will be heard from built-in speaker every time the power is turned on.

There are no other issues so far, is this common? :thinking:

I owned one and that would happen. I think it’s normal, most likely an impulse when power is connected to the speaker.

2 Likes

Just tried this for the first time. Worked pretty good, except for one thing. I couldn’t get the op-z to send it’s LFO to the op-1. I configured it to target p1, which was set up to send cc1 in the midi control panel of the op-z. Op-1 can receive midi ccs 1-4 on the midi LFO page, as far as I understand. Tweaking the dials on the op-z to send these midi ccs worked, as does parameter locking. But the LFO from the op-z doesn’t seem to go through. Did you get this to work?

I never tried the LFOs via midi.

Thanks a lot :smiley_cat:

OP-1 IS NOW CAPABLE OF STREAMING STEREO AUDIO OVER USB
with update #243, every OP-1 is now capable of streaming stereo audio over usb. this means that you can now sample and record to OP-1 directly from any usb audio host, as well as get OP-1 audio straight into your favorite daw, in effect replacing the need for an external sound card. it works with both pc and mac, as well as with ios and android, and has been made possible by adapting and using our knowledge from OP–Z. the update also includes a range of bug fixes and stability improvements.

https://teenage.engineering/now

:astonished:

19 Likes

Wow ! great update !

I have suddenly a lot more tracks to work on and bounce into the Daw :grimacing:

:koala: :gorilla: :raccoon:

1 Like

WTF!!!

Incredible

1 Like

Love me some USB class compliant audio. Seems to be stereo only, right, not multitrack? (And, boy, do they over egg the marketing spiel that it’s a free download haha)

5 Likes
  • when tape is armed and OP-1 receives a play command, recording now starts

I was just trying to work around this last night!

2 Likes
2 Likes

Why Op-2? Did I miss something?

But nice - USB audio - very naaaaaice.

This is HUGE. I’ve been wanting this since 2014. If they can do this with the OP-1, what’s stopping Elektron from doing this with the OT? :wink:
I sold my DT like an hour before it’s new update so this is just a little bit of good luck for a change. I’m about to try it out. I’m hoping the OP-1’s mic works when streaming to computer. If that’s the case, dream come true.

1 Like

Got to admit, I’m tempted to try an op-1 again now. Do miss my old one for sure

2 Likes

was just thinking the same :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:rofl: Very unexpected, but of course, very appreciated!

Edit: can’t try right now, but does this mean that the op-1 can stream its stereo audio into the op-z just by hooking them up via USB?

I’m guessing that neither of them would be USB hosts. Same as you can’t connect two Elektrons over USB. I might be wrong tho.

OP-Z is a USB host for midi, is it not for audio?

2 Likes

Yeah via a ipad or computer or other audio USB host, not via just a USB audio device. OP-Z is only USB audio device, but midi host.

3 Likes

Typo, bad eyesight old man, fat fingers, small buttons, - not new version, I corrected the title now.

Hallelujah!

• added usb audio device in & out

• external tempo sync stability improved

• when tape is armed and OP-1 receives a play command, recording now starts

3 Likes