Teenage Engineering OP-1

You can record the mic. I just managed it. You have to set the mic as the input. The USB output (to computer) is always active.

4 Likes

I did. It’s not working for me over usb. All the other choices are streaming straight into Live. I can record from the mic to the Tape and then stream but not from mic directly to computer. And the mic is working normally because it’s recording to Tape. EDIT: dummy cable plugged into op-1 output fixes this problem by the way or headphones plugged into op-1. I forgot the mic doesn’t work when using the internal speaker bc feedback. Dur!

4 Likes

Pretty cool, I gotta say.

9 Likes

Ah, I was using headphones when I tried it!

I can’t seem to get it fully working on windows, I was able to record from the computer to the OP1, but not the other way around.

Works fine with ipad, must be a windoze issue, again, FFS.

1 Like

it’s kinda weird that you have to turn the volume all the way down or it still speaks out of its speaker. …not an issue, just weird.

i was clipping real bad in ableton until i remembered to turn the volume down in the tape page

2 Likes

Not having USB audio is the reason I never used my OP-1 really… didn’t want to use that terrible 1/8" output to record actual audio…

Incredible!

1 Like

Wow what a crazy unexpected update

1 Like

I’m enjoying this with Ableton. I use Rogue Amoeba’s Loopback to consolidate several USB audio devices, and this works great.

Noodle on the OP-Z, then use Ableton’s midi capture buffer thing to grab any part I like, then play the midi back into the OP-1 and record in either Ableton or the OP-1’s tape.

It works really really nicely. I guess that technically I could have done this before using a mixer and so on, but routing is way easier over usb.

:+1:

2 Likes

Got around to updating mine, and making sure Live 11 can pipe in the audio.

interesting update indeed!

I have an unfinished song in the OP-1 that I forgot about. Must have created it while following along with a tutorial.

If anyone here is a member over at OP Forums, voting for Battle #75 is now open. This is the most submissions I’ve ever had to put together (maybe some earlier battles had more, I don’t know). If you’re interested, come on over and take a listen and be a part of the democratic process.

8 Likes

Could someone clear this up for me, you can now record what’s on the op-1 onto a laptop via usb. And you can also sample something into the op-1 via usb, like a phone or laptop?

Correct! You can now sample and record to OP-1 directly from any usb audio host.

2 Likes

That’s awesome!! Thanks

1 Like

From July 2015…

1 Like

I just put a custom firmware based on the latest fw on mine, added the Iter synth and filter fx. Bit complicated to do but got there in the end.

1 Like

You’re in that old thread!

1 Like

Haha, that is what TE told me back then (think it was Tobias)

Not wanting to stoke the rumour mill, but:

Next up - OB on OT :laughing:

I just want this for OT, now that the gauntlet has been laid down.