Teenage Engineering EP-133 K.O. II

I’ve started experiencing issues with my fader now, a year later.
I held off putting the cap on for about 6 months cos it seemed too tight to push on easily, but think that had something to do with it. Weird cos it’s only at the bottom of it’s travel that glitches out.

Luckily B&H is gonna hook me up and replace the unit. Good company customer service.
I will most likely just use the Lego cylinder I was using before than the fader cap.

In my case, the fader issue was resolved with DeoxIT F100L.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FaderLubeL--caig-laboratories-f100l-l25c-caig-deoxit-faderlube-100-percent-dropper-25-ml

2 Likes

I’m not gonna mess with it, I’m gonna have them replace and if it happens again then I’ll look in to spraying

Rather get a new unit than potentially have more issues with the fader on my current one

Same here. Just noticed jumping values after a year of very mild usage. Real shame they used such a crappy component.

1 Like

Noticed yesterday’s update for an OP-XY… Maybe K.O.II isn’t abandoned yet? The light in the end of a tonnel…

what is the connection?

only people who abandoned the ep133 are the ones who stopped getting better with it waiting for an update

Thanks for accusing me in something I didn’t :laughing: Well, I just said that the TE is still alive. That’s it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

didnt accuse you, just referencing the common “my ep133 is gathering dust while i wait for an update” comment that comes part and parcel with the “TE abandoned it” comments. lots of abandonment issues in this population of consumers it seems

1 Like

My native language is not an English one, so maybe I’m often than not despicable. Count on me as on a minion in my comments :upside_down_face:

1 Like

1 Me on the left ))

5 Likes

I was one of those people. I really missed the resample option. Got paralyzed, did not feel like using it. Then I learned I could use it as a midi sequencer, I absolutely fell in love with it. It has become an essential part of my workflow, not being a sampler at all :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My second core even spontaneously unlocked for a moment, it was incredible, just briefly, but the power that came out was astonishing…I can’t wait for the next firmware update, ho ho ho

5 Likes

Many of the update fantasies can become reality today: Just get a second EP-133!

It’s cheap, it syncs and it snaps together with legos.

4 Likes

Come on TE, give us an update with new features to play with over the Xmas break :pray:

4 Likes

Sounds like they might be too busy trying to burn down a giant straw goat up north over there this time of year :santa:

3 Likes

tomte me and my yule goat peepin in TE’s factory windows

IMG_3285

better put a big pad of butter on my porridge TE…

4 Likes

:rofl: Ahh yep, you’re probably right - too close to Xmas now. Arturia managed it (looking forward to playing with my Minifreak over the hols). TE’ll come through eventually no doubt :crossed_fingers:

Last hours of the year. Still some hope… Sorry, @schoolbabyboy, to irritate you again :crazy_face: but… Just wanted to wish everybody (especially @te-david) a great and productive 2025!

1 Like

Song mode just around the corner :joy:

2 Likes