Teenage Engineering EP-133 K.O. II

thanks for taken us on the ride, sbb

can def hear the growth in your music throughout the year. inspired by your journey and ep skills.

cheese on fryer!

3 Likes

I think it dropped 11/21, are we celebrating new fw tomorrow? :slight_smile:

Definitely favourite instrument of mine released in recent years.

6 Likes

That thought did cross my mind hehe

1 Like

it is indeed 22nd I’ve just checked receipt

1 Like

FYI: Today is already 25th…

2 Likes

Yeah. I am dissapointed a little bit honestly. A tiiiiiny little bit

1 Like

Could it be a Thanksgiving gift… Just thinking aloud :thought_balloon:

I just realised I have been chopping the wrong way the whole time, hopefully I’m the only one but just in case I’ll write down my epiphany.

I basically started chopping as soon as I hit shift + chop usually resulting in the 1st slice not to start at the beginning. After chopping I then had to go back to that 1st slice and readjust the start point. The whole chopping process was usually a bit rushed as well.

Instead, after shift + chop you need to let the whole sample play out and THEN start chopping.

That way your 1st chop starts at the beginning of the sample and the whole process is much more enjoyable and less rushed.

Hope this helps!

12 Likes

been lurking this forum for a couple days waiting for someone to announce the new firmware (just got an ep-1320) but made an account just to tell you how cool the last two tracks you posted are. I’m still in the “is this really what i needed” stage after buying gear, but hearing what you do with your 133 is super inspirational. are you doing any arranging in a daw later or is this straight off your machine?

1 Like

damn thank you! thats a great compliment, glad you decided to hop in, welcome!

i make 95% of the song on the ep133, then the last 5% is on the sp404mk2 where i add impacts and vocal samples in one resample round, and then a round of FX over the top, and then another round of mastering Fx. so nearly all of it is on the ep133 but the sp404 adds the pizzaz

3 Likes

best of both worlds, that’s a sick workflow

2 Likes

I recently sold my ep133 and bought a blackbox, and then my birthday rolled around and my wife bought me a 1320 coz she thought it looked cool and also that in her opinion my music needs more lute and chanting.

So of course I now have the 1320 running into the Blackbox (using all the samples I used on the 133) and they make a great team. Best of both worlds!

5 Likes

Your wife is awesome! :star_struck:

2 Likes

been having lots of fun with my sh-4d, sampled some synth sounds and a little drum loop off the sh-4d and made this tune. thinking the next experiment will be sequencing the 4d from the ep133, i think i can get some really wonky stuff out of that.

3 Likes

I just got analog glide case for my KO it feels very nice however it’s too tight to fit with decksaver on if anyone’s wondering.

3 Likes

Tenage Engineering should finish 2024 nicely - with version 1.2.4… My opinion. What do you think, @te-david ?

7 Likes

Hell yeah… no more voice stealing, ability to loop samples to use waveforms and resampling? One beatmaker can dream!

1 Like

Well, I’d accept just the version number changing if no other update would be done, it will show at least that our community is not ignored by TE… Just the 1.2.4 number change, please? I know, it’s a silly request, but… Please? To finish year “2+4” with the EP update “2+4”…

I am still hoping for resampling and sampling while playing a pattern. This would open up some more possibilities.

1 Like

that second core is getting unlocked any day now…

1 Like