Teenage Engineering CM–15

I believe Rode makes some:

1 Like

I dunno if they’re “really good” but Apogee makes one iPhone mics that costs $259, and a $199 iPhone lavalier mic.

1 Like

you’re gonna have to specify the type of phone, but i’ve always been curious:

Good point. i changed the title of the thread and added a bit more explanation. I was just trying to avoid the usual tedious bickering on the same old subject.

3 Likes

They could have provided a case for the mic that was a bumbag. But no. They left it out.
Twats.

4 Likes

Communist twats at that.

No wonder they’re good at making tiny little microphones.

Sneaky little fuckers.

6 Likes

Yes but IMHO it’s a bit wierd to present a product in order to discuss it and then say “but please, don’t talk about the price of this product, this commercial product born to be sold to the customers”

2 Likes

Titles changed, it’s all good!

2 Likes

Yeah, I assume there will soon be the TE branded shock mount. In the demo videos I noticed quite a bit of low frequency noise from the guys arms on the table.

1 Like

At least the mic diaphragm is manufactured by Peluso Mic Lab in Virginia. I haven’t tried one of their mics but they seem pretty well regarded.

Congrats on the first post mwb. Welcome aboard.

3 Likes

I’d like to see a crossover with sennheiser which uses one of those $400 wooden u87 mic boxes and is combined with the TE branded shock mount internally suspended for a “field cajon”

4 Likes

If I understood the video right then both the analogue out on xlr and headphone jack, and the digital via usb are simultaneously available. That is likely handy for some people.

I assume the battery supplies the phantom power for plugging into a phone as well, again handy for some people.

There’s definitely alternatives out there, but this seems like a really streamlined option.

Thanks! Been a lurker for a while.

1 Like

I have always heard Tula is not great for music recording.

1 Like

I think it’s a podcasting mic. Maybe not by design though…

1 Like

The Tula is 16bit only, which it what put me off.

Their pricing is not based in any reality I’m familiar with. The folding table for $1600 really ended it for me.

1 Like

And this is exactly why I originally asked for no $ talk in the thread title. Every single TE thread gets derailed by posts like this. The same thing, repeated over and over, and interesting to nobody.

11 Likes

Relative pricing is always going to be an important point of discussion about a new bit of kit. The problem with TE seems to be that their gear blurs the line between music equipment and designer lifestyle product. If you accept that the latter is the case to some degree it’s easier to just shrug your shoulders and move on, but I guess it can be really frustrating if you’re just interested in the practical utility of these things.

2 Likes