Teenage Engineering CM–15

It’s a microphone!

Please keep this thread for chat about the mic. So many TE threads descend into tedious discussions of the price. It would be neat if we could avoid that for once.

Price comparisons to other gear is relevant though, I reckon.

(Edited for punctuation, and extra explanation).

8 Likes

I’m hoping that the tape recording is also coming soon. This mic is available in the summer.

This is large-diaphragm, which is nice, but otherwise the only advantage I see is that it matches the OP-1 F and the TX-6.

1 Like

Alright then, if there is no talking about the price, I’ll buy 2 dozen of 'em. Can you ship 'em home please? Same deal right?

11 Likes

There are no audio samples? If the video was recorded with the mic, it sounds quite nice looking at the distance speaker is speaking.

At the minute there isn’t much to discuss but the price.

12 Likes

Will they make a fuzzy / furry wind screen cover for outdoor use…?

Not quite like this, but similar:

9 Likes

Which, in fine TE style, is absurd. :heart:

21 Likes

Ah but it looks square… It looks like a square microphone

1 Like

Its hip to be square…

2 Likes

Is it? Well, if TE designed it that way, it’s gotta be

Please start another thread if you want to talk about that.

2 Likes

FTFY :wink:

12 Likes

Looks great and is probably really good. Depends on how it sounds of course so we’ll see

That is one sexy bit of kit :heart_eyes:

But…well……ya know :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hahaha…
I will stick with my tula mic no thanks. Probably sounds better too.

2 Likes

Cute.

Super cardioid - very nice for isolation and separation.

Mini XLR, sounds new? Never heard of it.

1 Like

Teenage engineering have invented a way of getting air molecules into your recordings. I only know synth brands, not aware of other audio gear, so this comes as a pleasant surprise to me, and i will promptly buy it. The first thing i’m going to record is some warm air. My recordings have been so lifeless for too long.

3 Likes

Even though I’m frustrated by the company, I typically think their product designs are interesting. This design is pretty boring in all honesty.

Just get a Tula Mic.

17 Likes

still i would really like to try a recent TE setup, trying to measure noise ratio on all this portable equipement.
I’m wondering if the dream is really true.
I fought with ground issue all my life.
original op-1 was not that good with noise.