Teenage Engeering PO-33 Sampler

oh ok I’ll need to check! how did you solve your issue?

My po-33 pot’s were acting awful lately. It was constantly moving between parameters and I couldn’t even get straight sound from the device. I’m sure with a wd40 I could have solved it but I had a soldering machine laying around for a while and I’ve surgically replaced the limbs. It’s working million times better than he stock ones. They’re not pocket friendly anymore though. And in my opinion they look like they’ve been undergone through an awful plastic surgery. IMO looks like a bad car mod lol - that works better.

I still have a few pots and caps lying around. If your PO pots are acting up AND if you’re in London I can replace your pots for free. Recently started dabbling in electronics. any sort of exercise would also benefit me :slight_smile:

compared with regular pots

these spesific pots are awful to use without caps though.

these are extra for now, happy to fix yours.

8 Likes

I didn’t. I sold it as is for cheap, line in working.

hi all. i’m a po33 newb and love this thing but i can’t seem to understand a few things about it. i can’t find much explanation out there so hoping someone here knows:

1. what exactly is punch in effect 14 “retrigger pattern” doing? i love thé rhythmic results but i can’t figure out what i’m hearing.
  2. what do effects 1-4 do? they say looping of various durations in the official te guide but mine def don’t loop? i do hear certain sounds get repeated but def no looping.
  3. after being idle for 5 min, my screen goes blank and doesn’t show time. how can i get it to show time while idle/off?

thanks!!

update: #3 was solved, it was that after setting the time one must “press any key” instead of letting it just idle until time stops flashing. if you let it idle, the time will be set, then it won’t show the time when it is “off.” this is actually kind of cool because i suppose if you dgaf about time and do want to max battery life, i guess you can use this hack - who knows if there is any appreciable diff in batt life but presumably it adds up over time.

update: even though that above time issue was solved, im now seeing that the time is not accurate at all. i woke up this morning to see the device saying it was 450pm. i set it on a mantle night prior and it accurate read 11pm and was untouched until the morning when i glanced at it. batteries are band new and good brand, duracell, not rechargeable, and batt level says 100% so i dont think its a power issue. anyone notice this? funny enough i got my brother a po33 for xmas and when i went to his office to look his likewise was off by exactly the same amount of time as mine! so i dont think its unique to just my device!

2 Likes

Haha I guess these things live in their own alternative timeline.

I can’t help you with any of your questions, I’ve always just used the fx by trying if they sounded nice, never really understood what most of them actually do.

There could be some stuff going on with these fx which is more usefull then I thought though, especially because you can record them. The pocket operators have some power under the hood which doesnt match their look and questionable build quality. I once found out the po-16 (factory) has a whole structure of ‘playing styles’ playing different chords depending on if the first note in your pattern is a minor or major interval from the root of your scale. These things are way more complicated and capable then they seem to be in some ways, but in others they are questionable at best. I often have to press and turn my minijack out cable to get sound out of the left channel…

2 Likes

Hello,
Is there a program or an app that can import sounds via the transfer protocol (and not via the record function of the PO-33) ?
Something like the Caustic Editor for volca sample.
It would be great to create a drum kit without having to trim it manually on the PO (I know the trick of copying melodic sound to drum sound to automatically slice in 16th)

I don’t think the transfer format has been reverse engineered.

1 Like

Well I didn’t find anything on Google, I imagine it would be quite difficult to reverse engineering, and maybe it wouldn’t worth the effort, but that would be great !

Townes sample for the win!

2 Likes

Back in stock as of 5 minutes ago…

2 Likes

Yeah. Maybe I’d use my PO33 again. Brocken lcd, faulty button for level…usable but…:meh:

1 Like

Low key bummed they didn’t repop the Dibia$e one.