Techno Artists with Elektron products

This video is from May 2017, in freerotation (July 2017) he returned to Octatrack setup

1 Like

Chris Liebing mentions the Analog Rytm and Elektron several times on his AMA session on Reddit last week.

1 Like

techno is “good”!

KAREN GWYER! :grinning:

3 Likes

John Tejada and Reggie Watts’ new album, “Wajatta,” was made with an octatrack, Digitakt, and, I believe, a digitone. Saw it live on Conan

2 Likes

I got into elektron because of Autechre

4 Likes

Well, she frequently does live sets with Surgeon, so you can take your shade somewhere else.

6 Likes

I don’t understand why so many producers participate this Against The Clock thing while obviously most of them can’t come with something interesting (or even decent sometimes) in 10 minutes. It’s perfectly fine if one needs days of work to make a good track. Roni Size at the end of hist ATC said something along the way of “sorry, I can’t do this in 10 minutes”. I found it refreshing that such a successful producer admits he needs more time to come with something interesting. Most of these ATCs shouldn’t be published imo.

5 Likes

ANNA said here https://womensmusicevent.com.br/anna-conta-o-que-usa-nas-composicoes-na-estreia-da-coluna-meu-estudio/ her main tool for creating is a RYTM.
Her tracks are sick.

1 Like

It’s pretty sad/funny that they have recently turned off the option to comment on any of the ATC videos.

1 Like

recognized this, too

If it was all just fair criticism of the music then I’d agree but unfortunately nearly every female producer was being borderline abused and insulted in the comments. I agree with them turning it off. Boiler Room has the same issue tbh, but Fact actually did something about it, and I back that 100% because it really did not sit well with what they are supposed to be about.

Also - I respect anyone who does an ATC and it doesn’t go great, because that at least shows that a) they didn’t prepare it in advance and b) they were brave enough to take a risk and try something difficult like that.

10 Likes

Donato Dozzy and Peter van Hoesen use at least one OT in their live setup.

Steve O’Sullivan uses a Digitakt and an Octatrack.

1 Like

CLARK uses the Rytm a lot

1 Like

I guess that’s their way of handling hateful comments. Youtube is one of the worst places when it comes to comments.

1 Like

Atlantik uses quite a bit of Elektron gear and is pretty awesome techno. They’ve got stuff upon band camp and it looks like they have a residency somewhere in Germany.

Hah, couldn’t agree more. Makes the good ones even more impressive, though!
I found Tilliander’s ATC to be very nice https://youtu.be/d1Snwc4ZMrQ

1 Like

Maybe you’re kind of missing the point? It’s just a thing to show people’s workflow given a time limitation.

The fact that everyone seems to think that great producers are geniuses who strike gold every time they sit down is actually the problem (and it makes those who can’t do it think they’re no good, when basically EVERYONE has to sit through sometimes terrible attempts of their own).

This is a great way to show “hey, this is how people work in their studios and sometimes it’s just sitting down and working and something meh comes out and sometimes something good happens.”

I think the ATC series is fantastic for exactly all of those reasons.

9 Likes

I’m glad you find interest in these. This is poor content for me though. Maybe they should try to record a real session, whatever the time it takes, and edit this to a 15’ documentary. That would be way more informative.

1 Like

I’d love to do an ATC. 10mins of me menu diving and reading manuals. Haha! :smiley:

8 Likes