TD-3 or TT-bass bot?

Glad you got it sorted!

Guessing the build quality is better on the TT?

1 Like

The TT (alongside the dark trinity) is featured prominently in this set for anyone curious:

4 Likes

10 Likes

Awesome! Did you do that yourself?

a user on the bassbot Facebook group done it.
looks slick dunnit :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice!

Cool! What are the Freq Mod and Reso Mod Potis?

it’s not mine, just shared it.

I’m guessing they are just the internal cutoff and resonance amount trimmers brought out to the panel with pots.

3 Likes

Yeah, probaply.

The position of the trimmers seems not to fit, though. He probaply wired two potis on to the pcb.

1 Like

Usually it is a case of removing the trimmers then replacing them with pots of the same value using wires into the holes where the trimmer legs were.

2 Likes

Just got a tt-303 this week. Srsly, just reading through that manual makes me feel like Cyclone is a company who put more love into their products than most. It also makes me feel like I purchased a more organic unit with those extra features. And cool that you get a lid and a bag. I got mine in black and it matches my AR mk1 in color scheme (Just sold an OT mk1 today and then bought the AR for the money, so no loss in match :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:).
I’ve had a silver TD in the past the last time I also had an AR mk1. And must admit that those look better next to eachother. Even though they don’t match, they’re giving a nice contrast that fits. I like TD’s longer knobs over TT’s. But I don’t like the flimsy feel of the clicky buttons on TD.
I prefer the more squelch and how more organic the sequence can sound on TT. This was also my impressions when watching comparison vids between the two.
When I tweak the knobs, it sounds more pleasing to me on TT. With TD it felt a bit stale and thin and, like I couldn’t go as high as I wanted with the squelch. Like it stopped just before the right amount sometimes. Felt like something was missing. The TT has just planted its roots as a more soulful unit in my head :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Norand Mono :wink:

2 Likes

I like the tt bass bot way more than the behringer one. So many awesome usable features, great sound, the included decksaver, it’s fantastic. I love the tb-03 too. Td-3 is my least favorite of the 3.

2 Likes

A little off topic, but does the TD-3 send out it’s sequencer midi? With the slides and stuff? I have really enjoyed my TD-3, but don’t have it with me to test.

There is a trimmer/ thing to adjust on the circuit board that may help the squelch sound on the td3.

I briefly tested this and TD-3 sends midi. But if you play it back it sounds “wrong”. The slides needs a certain overlap of notes to sound the same, and i couldnt get it right. But i just did a short test to see if i could “back up” patterns on my Akai Force as i never remember what pattern i use on what song…

Are you talking about after you record the TD-3 into a DAW? That’s not what I would like to do. I’d like to play other synths with the TD-3 sequencer. Like maybe my Analog 4, and use the slides on a more complex oscillator set-up.

Bass bot. Infinitely better choice.

3 Likes