Erica Synths SYNTRX

this sounds great!

1 Like

Immediately a dark ceremony movie scene came into my mind. Awesome work! Are those background voices syntrx too?

1 Like

Perfect image, thanks!
The background synth voices are ESQ-1, DX100 and Operator. But the “actual” voice in there is an announcer on an old Swedish bird ID tape.

1 Like

SynthAnatomy Article

2 Likes

edit:
Not overly chuffed with how this new release was communicated and would have preferred something really new (their wavetable osc on oscillator 1, Polivoks vcf etc). But otherwise looking forward to hearing some demos.

4 Likes

Pretend the name is different. It looks different enough they could have called it The Blarg instead, or something.

I suppose this needs a new thread.

ADDED : New thread.

It’s hard to understand from that article exactly what is new.

This is what I could pick up:

• digital FX instead of physical spring reverb
  • piano roll sequencer
  • edit: no speakers?

What else?

1 Like

It looks different to me.

Plus a lower price.

1 Like

I see what you’re saying, controls look very different.

1 Like

joystick has a motion record (?)
input 1 has env follower (?)
patch </> buttons

The HPF is the only aspect I wish my v1 had. Everything else looks great, but I’m not GASsing.

2 Likes

Yeah I feel the same way. I mean, I don’t feel bad for buying the first one because it’s still incredible. But I indeed also bought it because it was a limited one of kind edition thing. If I knew this one was coming I probably would have waited.

It’s not that different. Some of the modules have a different place in the design but other than that it’s pretty much the same thing with a few updates.

Not going to enjoy the one I have any less. But it’s a pretty odd decision to promote the last ever batch of something like it will never be made again to then create a version 2 like this. :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

At first I felt horror, but after a brief inspection it all went away. The version 2 has been stripped down from the version 1 in a way that gets rid of most of the interesting (for me) things like: the osc dials, the spring reverb and the speakers, also they’ve added a mod input for the osc waveform which is v nice. All in all I’d definitely make tha same choice still.

5 Likes

I got a pretty blunt email back from Erica about this. They said they believed it was different enough not having the vernier knobs, spring reverb and speakers.
I understand but still think it’s still very, very similar in aesthetic and functionality.

Still love the original but will have to wait and see when some demos are up.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s true. The speakers and spring reverb are definitely a big part of why I enjoy it. Okay. Initial reaction has toned down a bit now :wink:

4 Likes

I made a new thread.

First i thought ES made a vst of the syntrx :hot_face: :sweat_smile:

It’s different enough that I feel like the II isn’t really a 2.0 of the original, inasmuch as it’s a sideways change and not a product-improved version.

Looking at the feature set, if I were in the market right now and could either buy one of the “old” Syntrx units that’s still in stock or a Syntrx II, I’d probably opt for the old one.

3 Likes

Absolutely. Though I think you could understand the initial shock when you first see a product called “Syntrx II” and a description like:
“Based on lessons learned from the SYNTRX, we decided to create an instrument which would integrate even deeper into contemporary electronic and experimental music setups”

Anyway, I’ve also calmed down now. :tropical_drink:

We havent heard or seen it yet in action. The workflow maybe more condusive to creating tracks from scratch. Thats my initial take.

1 Like