Synthstrom Audible Deluge [inc. Open Source development]

yeah. I circuitghosted my Deluge a while back, but have been rethinking that decision lately. MPE could put it over the top as a re-acquisition.

3 Likes

Hey peeps I’m trying to order a deluge to the UK and I’m trying to work out if there will be any additional Brexit charges beyond the normal duty and vat.
Man I’m getting nowhere.

Any UK nauts bought one from NZ this month that can help me out?

I haven’t bought one from NZ but there shouldn’t be any change to purchases from NZ into UK. Usual VAT, customs and handling at the border it’ll be!

What I can’t confirm is what customs code it’ll fall under. So the customs charge could be one of a number of possibilities.

2 Likes

Cheers dude. Googling Brexit is a pure minefield hah. Hopefully DHL don’t add on some extra crap as well then.

Gonna catch this before the price hike on the 1st.

1 Like

Good luck!

Handling fees are on average about £10. I think Customs is added to the price incl vat too by the way but hopefully it’s most a couple of %.

Cool!
I calculated the normal VAT an duty an it wasn’t too bad.
Cheers for the reassurance. Away to blow my paycheck :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Synthstrom’s January newsletter (link) touches on Brexit a bit and confirms the above:

2 Likes

Cheers, that’s really helpful :+1:

What percentage was that as a matter of interest ? 20% ?

Yeah I used 20% for VAT. It’s shipped but I haven’t had a bill from DHL yet.

Edit: if you’re gonna order one there seems to be shipping delays. Should be 3-4 business days but mine is saying 09th Feb.

1 Like

@circuitghost would you be so kind to expand on this? I know about probability but this sounds a bit different. Are you using the ARP to randomly pick a note?

Yeah I was curious about this too! Never knew I could do this with my deluge!

1 Like

Don’t worry, you can ignore that Feb 9th estimate. It always gives a 10 day or so estimate initially (their usual) before realising it’s express, after it starts its journey, it will still take around 4 business days, you’ll see the estimation rapidly decrease.

You’ll be asked to pay around 100-110 GBP in total for VAT and other import costs, on very rare occasions it slips a little above or below that number, but generally its always thereabouts for GB.

Unaffected by Brexit

1 Like

:pray: That is awesome news. Thank you. Cool cool that’s about what I had calculated.
Sweet I can up my excitement level again …10 days is a slow burn hah.
First non-elektron box for about 5 years an it looks like a lot of fun!
Cheers for the info :+1:

1 Like

Ok I’ve jumped on board and put my order in. The impending $100 price jump did it for me. The feature set here looks impressive. I really like the idea of working on the large grid layout.

I like the fact they’ve polished this interface over a series of years. It seems like they are dedicated to updating and improving the product.

1 Like

@Affectionate-Bee-781 @ddiamond84

I’d be happy to.

So assign two notes to the same vertical. Say one C3 and one G3.

Set both to a probability of 50.

Deluge will now always play one of the two, but never both at the same time.

If you set up something as brief as a four step pattern, two notes per vertical with 50
probability on all of them, you get a complete self-playing variation where you’ve set the harmonic rules but still leave room for chance.

It’s a fantastic way to create variation and also keep your track still shift but stay within a harmony you prefer.

5 Likes

Amazing!! Thank you!!

1 Like

You’re welcome, mate. It really is a lovely feature.

Actually, @ddiamond84 and @Affectionate-Bee-781 come to think of it, I tried the same trick just now but with four notes instead of two, with a prob of 25 per step on the vertical. It works. So that’s like four defined steps per vertical that a trig can go per cycle. Pretty cool.

1 Like

So is anyone using Downrush a lot with the deluge? I saw it at the end of the loopop video and it looks really interesting. Do you find yourself using it often or is it just more of a utility thing?

The 64GB W-04 on amazon are like $160 so it’s a bit of a leap if it’s something I’m not going to use very much and a regular sdcard would do fine. I really like the idea of not having to take the card out and being able to edit on the fly but perhaps it isn’t so smooth in reality.

Thanks