Syntakt upgrade/uplevel forthcoming!

I never had a 'Tone but after using the ST, watching certain DN videos has made really jealous of the clangy fm percussion sounds and the overall weirdness it can get to. The ST certainly has a ways to go in its development, i think, so despite some urges earlier on before song mode, i would feel foolish dropping it so soon, when there’s no reason it shouldn’t have wavetables, more machines in general (MD had a zillion), compressor, polyphony, cool trig modifiers, and whatever else would bring the “all round groovebox” idea to fruition better.

1 Like

Arp! Maybe something better/different than dn. No diss to dn arp, it’s great.

3 Likes

OT’s Arp?

3 Likes

They have been $750 from Thomann for quite a while.

I’d prefer it to be an up levelling to polyphony rather than them hinting at a compressor but I’ll be grateful whatever it turns out to be because it does sound more juicy than the last firmware update, as good as it was to get song mode.

2 Likes

Couldn’t really care much about arps or poly to be honest because it’s just not stuff I want to do with the ST. A master compressor like the Digitakt however? Yes please!

6 Likes

It’s quite a substantial reduction (300$ off). It’s listed as an early Black Friday deal at my local store.

1 Like

Damn I just bought a used one for $820 on Wednesday lol.

1 Like

Can’t you get the actual price, though?

I’d take a nice chorus, arp and 2 or 3 new left field synth engines to help take it to a new space. Also a way to only apply function ALL to chosen tracks.

7 Likes

Still worth it trust me

1 Like

Surely this will come along eventually, seems silly not to

1 Like

Naw. I had the MIDI setup so there’d be no loopback. Thankfully.

@Hotstuff Gotcha. I hate OB based on the simple fact that I spend hours doing meticulous panning automation and p-locks on the box, then it doesn’t get transferred over without recording a stereo track. I just use the MIDI Out module of FLStudio and I’ve created a preset that has all the knobs mapped.

3 Likes

Yeah, the mono stuff sucks. I switch back and forth between exporting mono stems and picking groups of tracks to export via the stereo/main out or the FX block out, for example, I might export snares and percussion tracks at once and then chop them up to a Rex loop in the DAW instead for added creative possibilities post-recording, while at least retaining the stereo image.

1 Like

Praying for a SuperWave machine :palms_up_together:t5:

9 Likes

Stereo sampling would be incredible

5 Likes

Wonder how soon.

Xmas prezzie im guessing :slight_smile:

Between this news and the new Op-1 field update I am eating well :star_struck:

3 Likes

Just thinking out loud here, but could giving us “upgrade superpowers” mean an SDK to create new ST machines?

4 Likes

I’m on the fence for the Syntakt with this reduced price. I don’t need it, I have plenty of equipment, and haven’t bought anything for a while. But the Syntakt has been calling me since its release…

If I knew the upgrade indeed include an SDK for users to create/share their own machines, I wouldn’t hesitate for a moment and click the “Buy” button.

3 Likes