Syntakt upgrade/uplevel forthcoming!

right on, thanks for the reply. I totally get that, especially since, you’re right, it seems that future upgrades/development are a huge part of the long-term sales plan with almost all music machine making companies now.

I agree, don’t mind if it’s analog or digital.
Also wouldn’t mind if they dropped a simple sample machine at some point down the line. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool!!!

I will still not buy hardware based on hopes for future upgrades…

7 Likes

And I really, really wouldn’t mind if they implemented the Digitone’s voice stealing/sharing logic and arpeggiator!! :pray:

4 Likes

Still good advice. Buy it based on promises for future upgrades instead. :stuck_out_tongue:

@warpigs330 @geronimo @djst yes I’m aware they’ve done holiday discounts in the past. they’re usually not quite so steep though, and especially not on such a new device. I’m sure there’s nothing to be concerned about, but it does tell us it’s likely not selling well.

I wouldn’t be so sure. All companies are more or less expected to dump their prices around Black Friday, and 20% is right around what consumers expect. You may be right about “not on such a new device”, but right now the Model:Cycles costs 3671 SEK cheapest, and it went on sales for less than 2700 around January. That’s a 25%+ discount.

I love the ST, bought it at full price. I’m just happy that a lower price means more people can get their hands on it.

Also really hoping for a compressor.

18 Likes

Was the trigger for me !
And the lastest sound pack.
I don’t need it,but this cycle+AR mix and those new sound pack around ambient make me really curious in a really good way.

1 Like

The analog audio part of a compressor is just volume control, which they can do with the analog VCA in the FX block. The analysis part (telling the VCA how much to compress/amplify) can be done digitally. So they should be able to do analog compression with what they have already in the box, though the max gain might be limited.

2 Likes

It’s the top selling drummachine on Thomann, so I wouldn’t worry about it how it’s performing saleswise. Becoming really tempting to get it now though… :grimacing:

2 Likes

They’re removing song mode

Honestly would love that. Especially after hearing song mode maxed out the processor and experiencing lag after the last update. Would much prefer the addition of new effects and machines.

3 Likes

Ah! They also discounted Syntakt - I just bought mine and the store I got it from had price protection, so they gave me $300 back. Shwing

6 Likes

Ohhhh. That’s what’s happening.

My transport controls would freeze on me. That explains a lot.

1 Like

Likewise. I bought it at launch but glad that they’ve discounted it. I don’t mind the early adopter premium and I’m certainly not complaining about a forthcoming update.

5 Likes

Odd. I’ve had no issues with glitching or slow downs with Song Mode, and I’ve basically been using it 95% of the time. What glitches are you talking about?

1 Like

Same here, bought it at launch. Happy that others have the opportunity to get into one for less. At $799 US for so much digital and analog goodness packed into a Digi form factor, it’s a no-brainer if you’re looking for these kinds of features and sounds.

Can’t wait to see/hear what Elektron has in store for it next.

2 Likes

I also experienced it with a simple class compliant usb connection.
Lag turning knobs, worse with Control All.
No problem so far standalone.

2 Likes

Hmmmm. Interesting. The only time I’ve had it happen, actually, is when I’m controlling it with my DAW for prerecorded automation. If I have a lot of MIDI being sent to the ST, it slows down a bit. Otherwise, all smooth here.

I wondered if there wasn’t usb midi loopback…but it wasn’t behave lke that before update.

1 Like