Syntakt upgrade/uplevel forthcoming!

It is definitely wavetables, though probably constructed with additive sine waves. That soft sound you are hearing is because they are using the same wavetable for all the pitches, and with sharp waveforms you will get aliasing as you increase the frequency. To avoid aliasing, they can either increase the processing needs and add different wavetables for different pitches (whose frequency is band limited) or reduce the upper harmonics of the wavetable. Because the chord machine needs 4 voices, it seems they probably didn’t have the processing overhead to band limit the waves, so just made a wavetable without too many upper harmonics.

4 Likes

Actually I did :wink: But I won´t start a company and I can´t move to sweden.
And I love to hassle about politics. You are really not supposed to be ok with them :wink:

We´ll see what the update brings. Then I tell you if I feel jaded or not.

1 Like

I’ve taken to shaving a lot of bottom end off it with the base-width filter, and turning up the overdrive and level. It’s not like my Juno, but it’s ok.

5 Likes

Going to try and will this into existence

I would love to see a Neighbor machine implemented or something like it
I could see it being used for many things both in present and the future
It could allow you to add two more LFOs and polyphony to the former track
all on a per track basis, so add as many or little as you want.

Don’t get me wrong I would take polyphony without having to loose a track, but if it meant two more lfos I am on board

Plus I could see this being something we could do wild things with, fx stacking just to name one thing off my head. You could easily make a polyphonic sounds with a multi tap delay :ok_hand:

6 Likes

Wouldn’t it be feasible to implement a keyboard/function that enables you to play multiple tracks ?

1 Like

So this week then eh? Can’t wait!

My uncle works at Elektron and he told me that they are gonna put all of the Digitone engines and Digitakt engines into it.

10 Likes

I would like to be able to “strum” the chord machine please.

Thank ye

2 Likes

If you uncle said it, then that’s perfect :sweat_smile:

1 Like

He also works at Nintendo and he said they are working on a console that can play games from every system

4 Likes

I heard there’s a hidden Octatrack fader when you open the unit

5 Likes

There’s also analog outs for every track in there

3 Likes

Entering the Konami code will allow you to play Doom on the OLED

9 Likes

Man I’m worried what this thread will be like once they make the announcement.

Someone is gonna be upset and question Elektron’s focus.

5 Likes

IDDQD for Doom

2 Likes

Don’t worry about it, be prepared! It will happen!

Predictions

Compressor (Upleveling is quite the dead giveaway. Would be very useful as glue since Syntakt’s specialty is being an all in one Elektron synthesis and drum machine. Also, many empty parameters on FX block master distortion to be filled.)
Bug fixes (A given. Like correcting the new song mode lag among others.)
Maybe new machine (unlikely - I think marketing would have hyped it if so, because it would have helped sell even more units, but here’s to hoping. Probably the single biggest improvement that would make it more appealing to people and stop them from selling it after one month. No wavetable synths in the lineup, and Syntakt could really use some sample based and physical modeling machines to fulfill it’s proper Elektron MD heritage.)
Maybe new modifier (it is their new concept, received somewhat lukewarm so far, so very likely they will want to expand it to its full potential to bring it more attention. Arp? Slides? I really love having different retrig speeds, great addition imo.)
Polyphony would be the cherry on top, and seems obvious, but also seems like it would get its own obvious hype teaser campaign.

13 Likes

I heard that they will reveal how to unfold the real folded Keyboard. It’s an hidden switch.

9 Likes

The modifiers seem underdeveloped. Currently it’s a feature I can’t find a use for but it has some potential if they added modifier ‘machines’ like an arpeggiator, or something that triggers lfo or portamento.

9 Likes

Hold down one of the modifier keys and then any other key, for a mega range of 48 (4* banks of 12) programmable scrambling mayhem fill algorithms! Could that even make sense?
Modifier key 1 is 12* pitch effects,
Modifier key 2 is 12* filter effects,
Modifier key 3 is 12* adsr effects,
Modifier key 4 is 12* beat-repeat/tape/scatter… each customisable to all or a subset of tracks etc

8 Likes