Syntakt screen issues

On a positive note, that’s the coolest looking faulty screen I’ve ever seen. I’m getting synthwave vibes :rainbow::upside_down_face:

Btw it suits tempo menu particularly well, but I’d be pissed off.

1 Like

Haha, that’s exactly what I was thinking. Of course, this is anything but funny for the owner of the device.

1 Like

I just got the same issue.

I think I have to join the club as well! My screen shows exactly the same issues after 3 weeks of random lengthy sessions. Just today exchanged my defective Syntakt for “new good one” I can only hope it will last.

F…k ok just posted elsewhere in the forum to figure out that it seems i’m not alone , yesturday screen was crystal clear , today same BS as you guys …
It looks way worst than in my pic , my old phone sucks (old Galaxy )

Is this a batch or some .? bought it 29 dayz ago from thoman , today my last day money back …

Don’t worry. Thomann has 3 years warranty.

I was talking with a friend , fired the units , screen went back to super clean ,i was happy and i literraly saw it real time switch back to faulty in one sec …just like that … not even in a fade in way , from top to crap just like that …fuk i was yeah !!! and then f …

How can we know the good batch ? seems lilke all thoman units are wak

ok i have a serious question : mine says it’s built in poland , while a friend , its units says it’s built in sweden , couldn’t be the issue ?

serious answer; no - it’s a latent characteristic flaw of the component

2 Likes

Probably QC issues , i have nothing aginst being made in poland or anywhere , my hp elitebook were made in poland …and stuiff made in china are top quality when the brand does what’s have to been done .

Elektron should imho , and it’s not realted to this issues , propose better screens , oled ones …for the type of products and usage they made of it with a lot of infos and animations

Did ya got the same screen issue ? Are units bougth via elektron website are made in sweeden still ?

Mine bought from Elektron Sweden and made in Poland.

ouch …ok should i ask for repair or buy another one is the question /… since it seems all are from the same batch at thoman and the prices went up now lol what a pain …

You in EU ?

Is there any infos or communication from elektron ? at least about the serials that are impacted ? thoman can check where’ it’s made before shipping , and seeing that people having issues on their second units indicates a batched issue .

Alllo ? Elektron … we have a problem !!! lol

Best thing to do please .

PS : i contacted elektron whith no answer yet .

Funny thing , as soon as i used my units the first day i noticed that , i sent an email to Patrik from elektron witch help me a lot prior to my purchase and even after .
He said that it was normal behavior … i said ok ('i have other devices that are all smooth , korg minilogue xd module being one of them )
I guess it could be a precursor sign of a defualt screen … don’t know .

I did noticed like some around that the last day of well functionning screen , when i closed the unit , the screen flashed also while power off the unit , it surprised me as well .

Elektron is not going to publicly announce any failures of their units, and especially not list affected serial numbers. There is really no advantage to them to tell us. They will service all affected units under the warranty period just like any failures, and will continually work to improve the yield of their manufacturing operation. These are just the realities of electronics manufacturing, sometimes things go wrong in unpredictable ways.

1 Like

I bought mine from Thomann last December.

When I switch the Syntakt off, after a few seconds, the screen also “flashes”.
But so far, fingers crossed, no screen issue.

For information, my Syntakt was made in Poland in 2023 W43 (Week 43 probably).

Its not instant , i guess you will know soon enougth
Mine from thoman bougth in january …23 or so …
I hear you guyz that they gonna fix it but with what ? I doubt they will buy new screens …for the purpose instead of using what s in stock …
The issue been around since october , if i ve read well , it should have been adressed by now …near 6 months of latency seems enougth …

What is the build date of your Syntakt ?
During the boot, what is the letter displayed in the bottom left of the screen ?