Syntakt screen issues

Thanks for this, I did try a factory reset, to no success Im afraid, on both machines.

It went suddenly, I saw it when I was using the first one. So my guess is some sort of component failure, screen or other. They do get quite hot, wonder if the heat is the issue, affecting welds or something?

I do power off the Syntakt after the session. I have noted a sort of slight blip/flash on the screen a couple of seconds after I power off and the screen goes dark, don’t know if that suggests anything.

Many thanks, I’ll ponder on this. It does sort of point to me, or my set up, being the problem (very odd for two to have the same fault), but cant really think I am doing anything that anyone else might be. It ought to easily stand up to how I use it.
I have a few synths, an iMac, speakers, wood desktop etc.
As you would see anywhere else. Never had a problem with any other bit of gear (a fair bit) from any manufacturer of music equipment before.
Im going to try, when I get the new one, powering into a separate isolated power point, and plugging the usb directly into the computer, not the hub.

Many thanks to all of you for your thoughts, I appreciate it, I haven’t posted before on this forum.

By the way the yellow Digitakt screen appears a lot brighter and stronger than the Syntakts, noticed this right from the start.

Interesting.

It’s not your fault. Most likely, it’s a component issue in the latest production batch.

Unfortunately mine does the same since last night…Got the unit 2-3 weeks ago. So probably yes that batch has some issues…I m just wondering if my new created project will work the same at the new unit since it has some sounds inside from a sound pack I got…lets hope they will fix it!

Menelaos

Sorry to hear that, still not sure why I had two failures. Someone suggested a power surge, but I have a power surge protector. Current Syntakt is going well.

Yes me too, identical. Purchased 8-12-23

Yes, also have the screen flash a few seconds after power off, which looks very worrying.

It isn’t you - looks like it is happening a lot.

Power surges as a source of failures are a myth, unless you are using tech from the 70s. There usually at least three barriers of fuses or other electronic protection between the power socket and equipment.

Same issue with mine, purchased just two weeks ago through Thomann. Will message both the shop and the elektron support team.

I had the same problem today…second time…I got it yesterday…and today the screen broke again. They told me probably had to do with the batch. Now new batch came to Thomann and it happened again. Previous time I had it for 2 weeks, loaded some sound packs and next day boom. Now I got it yesterday, loaded soundpacks and today boom…You think has to do with the sound packs? Wonderful mchine, haaard to get but this is a biiit dissapointed. I decided this year to not let things like that upset me, just a bit sad it happened…twice!
You got it again for third time?? Is it working???/
Best
Menelaos

I was thinking of buying a Syntakt but I’ve seen screen problems in several places on the internet. I asked Elektron support what caused this and got the following answer:

Concerning the screen issue you mentioned, it’s a known manufacturing irregularity impacting a small number of units. We are actively addressing this with the manufacturer. While it’s a very rare issue, rest assured that any units affected by this issue are fully covered under warranty. Should you receive such a unit, we will of course bear all costs for its repair or replacement.

3 Likes

I really don‘t understand why they don‘t give users more control over the screensaver. It‘s already there, why not a simple option to chose between 10-60 minutes??

2 Likes

Same issue here. Received my Syntakt device in January 2024 from Thomann in Germany.

same problem here

This screen issue appears widespread. I wonder what they’re going to do about it. Just let the bad stock move out of the system 1 device at a time by having customers go through returns?

That’s exactly what I asked the support today. I think an official statement or at least a post from the Elektron team in this thread would be appreciated at this point.

1 Like

If they know the serial numbers from the bad stock it seems like they could work with retailers to pull them back.

Hopefully this is what they are already doing.

Don’t think so. I bought directly from Elektron Sweden anmd have not been contacted.