Syntakt issue with Anker

It’s IMO a smaller austrian company. The deliver not as fast as Amazon but they deliver and shipping is fairly priced. My PD 9V birdcord took about a week. So I wouldn’t worry.

However you need a PD capable powerbank.

1 Like

Purchased one of these. Now waiting for my birdcord & Syntakt to arrive :stuck_out_tongue:

Baseus Power Bank, 65W 20000mAh Laptop Portable Charger, Fast Charging USB C 4-Port PD3.0 Battery Pack for MacBook Dell XPS IPad iPhone 13/12 Pro Mini

I think is the one recommended by Birdcord although all they are virtually the same. I received mine yesterday and very good first impression.

1 Like

I am using one of these:

No need for a ripcord or birdcord cable. It has two 12 volt outlets, one rated at 2A and one at 3.5A plus an USB output rated at 3A. And it comes with a set of cables which allow for directly connecting to Elektron devices.

You could even leave it connected and use it as the “standard” power supply as it is designated as an UPS for constant operation.

Runs forever. First time I tested it with my Digitakt to jam on the living room table I forgot to switch it off when I went to bed … everything still running next morning and some power left.

1 Like

So I guess this set up would work with the ST and all of the other electron machines? Nice! Thx

It’s a very good solution too, but I didn’t find any that wasn’t expensive and very heavy. The same for 12V battery packs…

My XTpower Power Bank with the 2,5x5,5 Adapter shows that the Syntakt ist pulling 11,5-12,3 Watts and 12 Volts so it’s ca. 0,9-1,1A. So a power Bank capable of putting out 2 Amps is more than enough

1 Like

Totally available in Germany, they actually come from Austria. Birdcord is the answer :slight_smile:

I was just going to comment that the 2A will include a lot of overhead. I’d have guessed 1.2A-1.4A used at most.

Did you test it at power-up? Might use a bit more.

1 Like

It need approx. 1,1A on power up and then stays under 1A even under full load (All tracks playback)

1 Like

I was wondering since I have the XT 20000 from when had a DN which worked for that. Just got ST today so haven’t tried anything yet

Just want to say my experience with ripcord for :elot: was not good. It would work sometimes with battery power but mostly not. The weird thing was if I used a USB outlet it worked just fine. So, I ditched it for a birdcord. Birdcord has never failed once. And, I guess because I bought two 12v from them, they were nice enough to send a handwritten thank you with a bonus 9v cord.

1 Like

Just to clarify, were you using your ripcord on the Syntakt, or another Elektron device?

He said:

Just want to say my experience with ripcord for :elot: was not good.

i.e. the octatrack (using the custom :elot: emoji).

Correct. Sorry about that. The emoji is kinda hard to even see in dark mode.

1 Like

I’ve just got one of those Birdcords, an Anker 26800 PD 45w and a Syntakt. The Syntakt doesn’t power up with that power combo (but does from both the PSU 3c that came with it and a 3b). Can anyone suggest where I’ve gone wrong?

The Birdcord looks fine - it has similar specs to my cheapo ebay one.

Not all PD banks deliver 12V. The one I have clearly says it delivers 12V@1.5A, which has been enough to run the Syntakt no problem for hours. I can’t tell whether your battery delivers 12V.

Here’s mine (currently out of stock):

Thanks for the reply and suggestions.

Interestingly, the powerbank doesn’t mention 12v output. It lists 5, 9, 15 and 20 with various amperages.

Would this suggest it doesn’t do 12v at all? Would that be a designed-in configuration? My intuition suggests if it can output 9 and 15, then 12 should be no problem… but maybe they didn’t include caps and resistors (or whatever) to supply 12v. Could that be A Thing?

I’m pretty sure it needs to say 12V to have 12V, so that would very likely be the issue.

Thanks for the suggestion.

[UPDATE]: I tried the powerbank+birdcord combination with my ST, OT and AR. All three have 12VDC 2A written beneath the power inlet. The OT booted fine: I didn’t try to play anything. The AR flashed on, the LEDs all flickered, but couldn’t complete its boot sequence. The ST didn’t appear to get even that far (but yesterday I left it on for 20min to see if filling capacitors might make a difference; it warmed up, but wouldn’t boot).

I’m attempting to get a refund from Amazon for the Anker on the basis that it is incompatible. I’ll try another Powerbank.