Syntakt Freezes

My Syntakt occasionally freezes after some time of operation. I bought it a few weeks ago and so far it has happened several times that it just freezes and I have to restart it, and sometimes I have to restart it 2-3 times. The latest version of the operating system is installed and im using the factory power supply.
In 6 days there is a gig i have and I’m afraid it might freeze during the performance!

Does anyone have the same problems?

1 Like

Place an Analog Heat next to it to help it thaw.

3 Likes

That’s no good, was it purchased secondhand?

1 Like

Is it connected USB?

1 Like

No. I’ve bought it new on Thomann. It’s an e25 version.

No. And it happened when plugged in different wall sockets.

Is it freezing standalone or are you using it with another machine connected by midi?

In both occasions but always when the unit is hot (maybe it’s the temperature)

Maybe it IS the temperature but still, but have you seen this?

six days is very soon. if you think it’s the temperature you can try to elevate the rear so the bottom isn’t flat during use. if it isn’t a problem with the power supply like the linked thread, and can’t be resolved would consider contacting thomann.

1 Like

Ill try to test the power supply connector and to perform the factory reset and pray to god nothing happens during the gig

1 Like

Also try with even a book under the rear bumper feet, even a little airflow under the case might help with temperature if that turns out to be the issue. If you saw the way his syntakt is in the youtube short and yours has the same elektron logo/no response condition, I would consider that there may be a power interruption where the machine doesn’t get enough power for a moment and then stays on but locks up. So if you’re using a power strip, try a different one or maybe straight into the wall.

1 Like

On mine it doesnt show the logo, it just freezes on whatever page i am, sound stops and it’s without respond to any button pressings or encoder turnings

1 Like

If it’s an actual issue with the processor itself it might need to be reflashed, too much work for something you just bought. Definitely would consider if it can’t be easily resolved, push for an exchange.

Thomann doesn’t even need to know you’re doing all the troubleshooting on your own already, it may help to tell them you tried, but in reality, their policy should account for problems with a brand new device.

Make sure you report it within their window for returns, but whereas a device like a year or 2 old you’d have to go through the elektron warranty procedure this one is still covered by thomann, I think it’s better to not wait too long to deal with it even if it makes it through the show.

Good luck with your performance! (not referring to the syntakt problem just generally speaking lol)

1 Like

Anyone knows if it is possible to export and save the projects and to port them to another unit?

1 Like

Yep, back up your projects via elektron transfer. You can import those projects to a new unit

3 Likes

One more thing pls… :slight_smile:
Are the contents of the +drive also saved? I mean, I have a lot of imported third-party sound packs that have been used in the project. Do the sounds need to be imported again to the same spot or ordinal number in the sound bank on another unit? Or, if the entire +drive is saved and transferred, are the sounds automatically placed in the correct positions as the projects are? Also, do the projects copy and save the used sound presets within themselves?

1 Like

you can save your sounds too with the transfer on the same order to load them again on the new machine.
I think yes the projects save the presets with them.

2 Likes

Im’ having crazy freezes from the device when plugin via usb / overbridge , i figured out that it’s when i touch the cases … must be a electric static thing or some , but i can’t literraly use this thing plugged in usb sometime …
anybody has an idea or i just trash this thing once for all (sorry to be that angry , but i’ve been having nothing but issues with this thing , with a send back to elektron already for screen) and my return otpion is dead to thoman , and i can’t use this thing without the fear of touching the case !!!

I tried ground reset of my computer , didffent cables , different ports ect … no way …

anyone with a solution is welcome , support doesn’t reply since more than one week (maybe i have to much issues for their taste)

Freezes of mine happens regardless of usb or midi connections so i can’t help you here, sorry! The only thing common was that the unit was always hot and i was tweaking it moderately hard

1 Like

Just send it back , i had some screen of « oops something went wrong « here and there due to the fact that i have to reboot each time because of my issue or when i do some to many keys combo …

My issue happens unit hot or not .

Hope you got it sorted. … for me if i can t i m gonna negociate with thoman to send it back …sad cause i love the unit . But i can throw 1000 euros like that on solething i can t use .

Castor , is your house have ground or not ?

Standalone mine doesnt have freeze so for me it s not a power supply quality issue … so i think you should avoid this route

Is your power cable moving when you/tweak ? Are you using headphones when it happens ? If you can reproduce systelatcially , try with another person and see if it s static enregy releated …

I have anti static carpeting in he studio …but still i need to investigate …