Syntakt Freeze

Hey there everyone,
It’s the second time that I’m using my Syntakt and suddenly it shows the Elektron Logo and freezes with no response to anything.
I’ll leave a short video showing what it shows.
https://youtube.com/shorts/_0n0OXaFCVA

Did this happen to anyone else??
Cheers.-

Do you have any pattern that you afraid to loose? I think you need to try to reset the unit. In that case I think your music will be lost.

1. STARTUP MENU
    To access this menu, hold down the [FUNC] key while powering up the Syntakt. From here you can perform
    a variety of tasks. To choose the different alternatives, press the corresponding [TRIG] key.
    15.1 TEST MODE
    To enter this mode, press the [TRIG 1] key.
    For testing purposes, a short sound is heard through all outputs of the unit.
    If you have any trouble with your Syntakt and suspect it may be due to a hardware problem, perform this
    self-test. The [UP] and [DOWN] keys can be used to scroll through the test log. A fully functional device
    should not report any errors. If it does report an error, please contact Elektron support or the retailer that
    you bought your Syntakt from.
    15.2 EMPTY RESET
    To perform this operation, press the [TRIG 2] key. All patterns and sounds will be erased. The data on the
    +Drive remains intact.
    15.3 FACTORY RESET
    When performing a factory reset on the Syntakt, it will overwrite and re-initialize the active RAM project
    (including all pattern and global data). The +Drive project slot 1 will be overwritten and re-initialized with
    factory preset patterns, sounds and settings. Sound banks A–E will be overwritten with the factory sounds.
    If you wish to keep the active project, remember to save it to a +Drive project slot higher than 1 before you
    perform a factory reset. To perform a factory reset, press the [TRIG 3] key.

15.5 EXIT
Press the [TRIG 5] key to exit the STARTUP menu.

Are you using the factory power supply? Tried unplug and replug? I’ve occasionally had DT or ST fail to boot exactly like this if the plug wasn’t seated right, and ST needs at least 1.1A 12v to boot up, which is more than the average box needs.

1 Like

Hey there everyone,
Thanks a bunch for the help.
I must confirm it was just a problem with the power supply, when not connected all the way to the end (on the Syntakt), the slightest movement made it go as shown in the video or turned off directly.
I also want to confirm it showed 0 error when performing the ‘Test Mode’ @Novitchok so kindly passed along.

2 Likes