Synesthesia Intros Pipes, A Compact Sound Module

This could be useful with the OT:

https://www.pipes.rocks/specs

2 Likes

Is this the weird rompler I’ve been waiting for?

2 Likes

Huh. Interesting.

I see no knobs or buttons. I see nothing.

1 Like

Want. demo.

https://www.pipes.rocks/specs

more info on it…looks like it’ll allow you to use a simple usb to midi adapter to connect MIDI DIN devices to it.

1 Like

Why does the visual interface look like Cakewalk for Windows '95

3 Likes

it won’t look like that, check out the link i posted above.

3 Likes

Unfortunately they used a photo of a prototype. The UI looks much cleaner and modern in the current state.

1 Like

Looks like an iPad designed in the 80’s

1 Like

Just spotted this on Synthtopia:

Looks interesting for those after a sample playback device. And MPE compatible too. There is also the suggestion that a sequencer could be added via pure data though I have zero clue how good/bad that would be in reality having next to no knowledge of pure data.

In typical fashion, I’m down for the early bird. Will make my mind up if keeping it in 3 weeks…!

1 Like

This seems very unenjoyable to use. One big knob and a touch screen doesn’t make something hardware with a fun tactile experience.

1 Like

True. But, it is designed to be used with controllers rather than on its own.

Of course there would be a lot of screen use to set things up but from there, it would depend on the hardware you use with it. I read that they will be including templates for controllers and things for example.

Has a thread already

1 Like

Thx @Clancy :thup:
Fixed.

2 Likes

Crap product video, talks zero about the actual functions.

Just a bunch of nothing statements. “most powerful sampler in the world, more powerful than your laptop”. Ok so how’s it more powerful then?

Irritating.

3 Likes

Presenting “Guitar”- the most authentic guitar emulation in the world.

Set up is easy- just equip six/twelve strings(depending on your model) to the device, tune them, and you’re ready to go.

:smiley:

3 Likes

Hardware greatly improved from version shown at NAMM, but the on screen graphics… they need some attention… feels a bit Win95!

1 Like

I wouldve gone with Windows 3.1!

1 Like

If only it could sample