SW DEALS : Software on Sale

The ones I own are Silika, Electra and Omega 458A.
If I could only keep one I’d keep Electra eq. It is really nice sounding and has a specific character to it, where you can crank it without it sounding bad. (still might not sound great but you know what i mean!)
I like the others too. Not use on every project, I think they have a character to them and you can maybe see where you want to use them and not.
I have been looking at Novatron compressor for a while but haven’t gotten it yet.
From what I understand they are working on getting the plugins working on new apple systems, and sometimes the plugins get a update, performance fix. But not a lot of small upates. This company i dont mind having newsletter, all they do is tell about sales, updates and new plugins every now and then.

3 Likes

I currently have Hive, Diva and Satin

I’m wondering about Repro and Presswerk, but I’m not sure if I’m just buying them because it looks like a good deal and I like U-He

Interested in others opinions on this.

I love both Repro and Presswerk. Repro gets you two synths. I personally use Repro 5 all of the time. I find it easy to dial in and very satisfying to my ears, with or without fx on. Repro One is also awesome.

Presswerk I tend to use for bass but it’ll work on anything. I also love its clipping circuit.

2 Likes

Sononym is having 50% off right now. They only do a sale once a year (I know because I have been waiting all year to buy it lol) and they just released 1.5, so now is the time.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m also thinking about getting Presswerk so I’d like to hear some more opinions. I’ve already got Repro - haven’t used it much yet but it does sound very nice

1 Like

Presswerk is my favorite compressor I have used, compared to Boum, RNLA, what’s in the SSL Six, and a number of other software options. I bought it full price earlier this year because I demoed it and couldn’t want for a sale. It’s the only plugin I have bought full price and it was worth every penny. Great on drums, bass, but I also use it on my master bus with a setting that mimics the SSL Six G-Bus comp.

On another note, in regards to Goodhertz, I’ll second or third Trem Control as a great plugin, but Tupe is amazing and gets used in all my tracks. My favorite saturation device - made my Boum and Analog Heat redundant. The eq in it is awesome. Faraday Limiter is fantastic as well and very much worth checking.

4 Likes

Puremagnetik is doing half off. I bought Lore. Was waiting for that one for a while.

2 Likes

You should get commission, SOLD!

2 Likes

Reason Studios has started their Black Friday sale with the usual discounts, but one third-party developer has truly gone all-out:

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/browse/?developer=Blamsoft%2C%20Inc.

All of Blamsoft’s Rack Extensions, including their flagship Expanse and VK-2 synths, are marked down to $9.

While it’s a little sad that this is clearly related to the decline in popularity of the RE format, the format also means that even though the developer hasn’t updated these in a few years, they were automatically updated for high resolution and recompiled for Apple Silicon.

1 Like

I played with the EQ matching , i.e. compared it to my reference track, and made it learn it, scaled it back a bit, and yes it soumded closer then when AB to the reference, works better than Fabfilters EQ learn mechanism, as its not reacting to the peaks so much, instead it seems to use band RMS, i will definatly buy it, had the demo now for 2 days.

Anything to be said for the Tokyo Dawn character comp here? Just wondering as it’s silly cheap. I wouldn’t doubt the uhe one being sensational since the rest of their stuff is… but also you can pick up the whole TDR bundle for very little at the mo…

Kind of a niche product for this forum, but Helix Native is discounted, and it’s really cheap if you already own HX Stomp or another hardware product. I got it for 50 bucks.

Also, there was just a big new update this past week with many new amps and cabs and a couple of interesting reverbs

6 Likes

I haven’t tried that one, but own Kotelnikov GE and love that for clean compression. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of their stuff. I just happened to try out Presswerk, as I have enjoyed Colour Copy and Repro for years, and was drawn to the quality of depth and weight it brought to my mixes. It’s an easy one to demo at least!

It might be worth checking out Klanghelm stuff too, if you haven’t. DC1A is great to smash stuff with and MJUC gets a lot of love.

1 Like

Just got my Helix LT yesterday and immediately went for this…45€ is basically close to a giveaway!

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

Yeah to be fair I was oddly also looking for a character compressor. The uhe stuff is always awesome but I came across this one too from TDR. I like the idea that stock DAW comps can do a lot so I guess it’s about adding something with a 3rd party plugin. I would probably still go uhe if the TDR isn’t quite a no brainer. Uhe costs a little more but on the current sale it’s pretty reasonable I think.

If you want one commercial compressor to complement your DAW’s I think that’s pretty much Presswerk’s ideal use case, though maybe I would say that since I’m exactly the same.

You can do pretty much any type of compression with it, it’s very versatile. And the saturation is good by ITB standards, as has been mentioned.

I use the Nitro skin which I find a lot more appealing, u-he’s UI/visuals aren’t their strong suit IMO.

4 Likes

It is sad to see their products discounted so much, I’ve mostly switched to VSTs now but VK-2 is absolutely fantastic. If you’re a Reason user it’s a total steal.

1 Like

I was about to post about this… for anyone who has a sample library, Sononym is like gold.

Even for those of us with Atlas and/or XO? I looked at the video and the use case wasn’t immediately clear to me.

Thoughts on where it’s value lies compared to either of these other 2 sample managers?