SW DEALS : Software on Sale

I don’t really use their sample based instruments, however I think that calling them romplers seems to do them a bit of an injustice even if it is technically true. But when I updated to K13, I got Reaktor 6, Form, Kontakt 6, Massive X, TRK-01 and the Mod Pack/Crush Pack which all seems like pretty decent value for the £100 I paid for it. Though being fair, not that fussed about Kontakt 6 but on the other hand, if I was to use piano at any point then Una Corda would suit me quite well…

Long and rambling I know, but I suppose that’s the blessing and curse of these large suites of softsynths - VCollection is the same - where you have to accept there will be a lot of stuff you’ll not use…

2 Likes

Maybe it’s just me but there are Reaktor user ensembles that are amongst my favourite productions tools bar none. Cloudlab is insane, but things like (M)Oogerfooger, the VHS degradation ensemble and the impeccable RE-201 are arguably worth the admission price alone.

5 Likes

Last year, same period, they were here…

I’ve never used Oogerfooger or RE-201 (I will now, thanks) but VHS Degradation Suite is one of my favourite pieces of software. I’d happily pay hundreds for a hardware piece with its capabilities.

2 Likes

Do we have a good reaktor thread ( we should do , I finally have a mac that can do it justice ) …

1 Like

I think this is the general reaktor thread. Reaktor 6

I agree that there are a lot of great reaktor ensembles. The signal to noise in the User Library is very high, but it’s a wonderful tool for synths, effects, and learning.

4 Likes

FabFilter has just released Volcano 3 and there’s an intro sale on for now. I missed buying this years ago during one of their biggest sales and always regretted it. https://www.fabfilter.com/shop/volcano-3-filter-plug-in

1 Like

Korg have announced their Black Friday sale.

Used and enjoyed their MonoPoly VST for years, tempted to go for the collection but it still feels a little pricey (owning the MonoPoly doesn’t seem to give me a discount on the bundle).

Anyone else use the collection and can recommend it?

I have an version that includes Wavestation, PolySix, M1, MS20, and MonoPoly. I didn’t use them much when I was ITB because the UIs were tiny and cramped. The latest update seems to have substantially improved the UX, but the windows are still fixed sized but maps. So if you have a 21” 4K display your eyes may bleed. But they look fine on a 27” 5k.

There has been a bewildering array of licensing websites over the years with various coupons and discounts for upgrades. I usually stick with what I have until a really attractive upgrade comes along.

If you really want/need these sounds then it seems like a good deal. But I’ll probably end up with a physical MS-20 some day and a Wavestate. Unsure about a MonoPoly.

1 Like

save 21% off any purchase

checking out, then enter DONTCALLITBFCM . But don’t delay, because this deal will only last through December 5, 2021!

2 Likes

Thanks for your thoughts :slight_smile:

Just demoing some of the synths now. I bought the Prophecy when it first came out, and its all over my tracks from that time - going through the presets is like a trip down memory lane!

Some of UIs are definitely hard on the eyes, but sounding better than I was expecting. Both the Prophecy and Odyssey are sounding lovely.

Got a few weeks to decide anyway.

1 Like

I’m finding their SoundSource app handy. Using it to apply Arc3 to all system audio. Works great.

1 Like

Yea, great apps for Mac users. I am getting SoundSource with this deal.

I have Fission, Audio Hijack and Loopback already from last years’ BF Sale.

Neural DSP have a half price on everything sale for all of their Amp sim plugins.

1 Like

It has Ozone 9 included and stutter edit … I dont know - i like the stutter fx here and then when listening to tracks - what do you think ? Is that overused or a still a nice touch?
Is stutter edit /ozone worth it ? I normally like fabfilter L2, and i am not sure if i would use ozone that often. EQ matching is also avilable in ProQ 3 from Fabfilter - and in gerneral i think the ProQ is the best EQ avilalble in the market. I know there is some stere spreading avilable in Ozone, that might be nice to have.

1 Like

I use Audio Hijack, Fission, and Loopback daily (and any time I work with someone who needs to record some audio on their end and doesn’t know how to go about it, I recommend Piezo).

For software that really ought to be bloated and full of buggy drivers, all the Rogue Amoeba stuff is somehow consistently tight, polished, and rock solid — across OS versions, new CPUs, whatever.

1 Like

Absolutely worth it for Ozone Standard and Neutron Standard. I use them on every one of my tracks.

1 Like

i have a AMD Machine - are there known bugs ? Did you use the Stutter Edit aswell ?

I also have those 3, will be adding SoundSource this year.
All my love to Rogue Amoeba software.

oh, never mind… for something the sale is built in when adding to cart but other’s the price is just not as good. so it goes. ignore my obliviousness.