Reaktor 6

Finally!
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/synths/reaktor-6/

Yes! Canā€™t wait to get it :slight_smile: looks promising

one of the blocks contain 'Monark" filters. These are the first real good filters NI created. I think this software has potential. Maybe it is the best synth software on the market right now

Butā€¦ I prefer to use a synth that has been created for me. I make music, I am not a technician. I don;t want to program all the time. Also I prefer to make music without a computer.

Yet another piece of software Iā€™m coveting.

Just secured the ā€œBloweldā€ Max Editor for Blofeld.
R6 update is certainly next.

I got it and Iā€™m overwhelmed in a good way.

A lot of food for my OT :slight_smile:

Yes. Iā€™m very impressed after two days of use.
The workflow is surprisingly smooth for software that is this powerful.
NI did a wonderful job on the interface.

The wave shaping user blocks that have been uploaded to the library have put serious life into the ensembles Iā€™ve been building and using.

Considering trading my Monomachine for an Octatrack now, and just loading it up with the various craziness Iā€™ve been making with Blocks. Itā€™s that good.
It works solid as Rytm food too, but the sound is so good Iā€™d like to keep it in stereo too.

1 Like

The wave shaping user blocks that have been uploaded to the library have put serious life into the ensembles Iā€™ve been building and using.

Considering trading my Monomachine for an Octatrack now, and just loading it up with the various craziness Iā€™ve been making with Blocks. Itā€™s that good.
It works solid as Rytm food too, but the sound is so good Iā€™d like to keep it in stereo too.[/quote]
Iā€™m going to have to download a demo and see. Definitely curious about this.
I finally bought Ableton Live Suite, and Iā€™m having similar thoughts to you about maybe getting rid of most of my digital synths for ITB things to export to the OT/MPC. Would be hard to say goodbye to the Mono tho, since I just find it so fast and satisfying to work with.

It works solid as Rytm food too, but the sound is so good Iā€™d like to keep it in stereo too.[/quote]
Iā€™m going to have to download a demo and see. Definitely curious about this.
I finally bought Ableton Live Suite, and Iā€™m having similar thoughts to you about maybe getting rid of most of my digital synths for ITB things to export to the OT/MPC. Would be hard to say goodbye to the Mono tho, since I just find it so fast and satisfying to work with. [/quote]
Yes, ideally I will hold onto the MM and just add an OT, but I want to see how my R6 + Rytm workflow works out first. Iā€™d still like to keep MM around if possible, but it is too early to say.

The v6 interface is Reaktorā€™s most fluid to date. I really donā€™t even mind sitting on my MacBook Pro and patching things around with just the touch pad. Itā€™s so clean and well thought out. It has been simplified in the best ways possible where form is rubbing right up against function.
Add in some fun Max4Live sequencers and inspired sounds happen quickly.

I came to Elektron instruments after using Live and plug-in instruments for several years, so it was going to take something very special and powerful to get me to consider ITB work again.

Definitely looks interesting - have been getting back itb & going nuts with crazy sound exploration.

Anybody have an opinion on how later versions of reaktor might stack up against later versions of Reason? Having had reason as my only softsynth for over 10 years Iā€™m fairly ignorant bout anything else. Wondering if Iā€™m really missing out on much or if its worth jumping ship to something like this.

Edit: I suspect asking this over at gearslutz might be a really bad ideaā€¦

ā€¦nnice! had some really good fun with Reaktor years ago, would be nice to see whatā€™s new and get back to some software modular programming :slight_smile:

I am positively amazed about this software. As i already SaĆÆd, the filters are good, but also the workflow is simple and intuĆÆtieve

I think this used to be the problem with R5

I hear you but I got it anyway.

You can do a lot with the pre-made configurations that come with it and the NI forum has advanced users who upload patches/configurations from the useful to the crazy all the time.

Reaktor used to be pretty intensive to develop with but the blocks format makes it no more difficult than if you had a bunch of modular synth components.

Took me about 30 minutes to figure out how to do a basic Input->OSC->Filter-> ENV -> VCA -> FX -> output setup and from there you can go crazy.
For me it is a nice thing to play around with during work breaks when Iā€™m not at my home studio. If I come up with some cool sounds I can record them as samples for OT or AR, which is what I find the laptop is useful for.
BTW: Monarch OSCs and Envelope blocks are nice as well

no demo but very tempted , despite only using reaktor 5 for about an hour.

whats it like as an effects unit for incoming audio ?

yeah, at least for what i can remember, it wasnā€™t the most comprehensive workflow although i think after you get to understand how things work, youā€™re just fine, a bit like the Elektrons :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
iā€™m really curious to see/hear what theyā€™ve been up to, wouldnā€™t mind taking the dust off of some old Reaktor projects :slight_smile:

Does anyone whoā€™s upgraded to reaktor6 have a maschine or a NI kontrol keyboard?

Iā€™d be very interested to hear about the new reaktor API which allows one to make custom controllers out of maschine especially. I mean, does the reaktor API allow one to display custom graphics on machineā€™s displays and controlling of the RGB leds from reaktor?

IF so, a microsoft surface running reaktor 6 with a maschine as a custom UI just might be in my futureā€¦

they updated R5 ages ago already right when the new keyboards came out so you can take advantage of the LEDs in your patches.

Iā€™m going to loan it out to a friend for a few weeks before I make my final decision, but it looks like my Monomachine is getting replaced by Reaktor 6.

It just sounds so damn good, and all the things I hated about working with software have dissolved with this new interface. Itā€™s great for the big chunky FM, and can do much more wild V/A style tones, plus I can get wild glitchy retrig stuff from odd Max 4 Live sequencers and the clock divider block. Live midi clip envelopes give me ā€œparameter locksā€
Thereā€™s a new user block that is a MWXT wavetable oscillator.

Running Reaktor alongside Overbridge hardware is a big factor as well. The AR, A4, R6 trio covers all bases in a DAW with solid audio manipulation capabilities like Ableton Live.

2 Likes

they updated R5 ages ago already right when the new keyboards came out so you can take advantage of the LEDs in your patches.[/quote]
So my existing reaktor 5 already has reaktor API? I need to check the documentation. If I can already send gfx to maschineā€™s screens with v 5, this is good news indeed!
The monark modules in v 6 have me GASing a little tho
Cheers

Haha, yes youā€™d get slammed at Gearslutz! I use Reason 7.5 (8 is the latest, but not that different) and Cubase with Reaktor 5.
Although I love Reason, and itā€™s an all-in-one programme, the synths of Reaktor sound incredible, and thereā€™s some really creative stuff. Plus, if you fancy going down the wormhole, you can get into making your own synths.
There are some decent ā€˜Rack Extensionsā€™ for Reason (native plugins), and there are things you can do in it that you canā€™t in other programmes, but sound quality wise, IMHO Reaktor wins!

Haha, yes youā€™d get slammed at Gearslutz! I use Reason 7.5 (8 is the latest, but not that different) and Cubase with Reaktor 5.
Although I love Reason, and itā€™s an all-in-one programme, the synths of Reaktor sound incredible, and thereā€™s some really creative stuff. Plus, if you fancy going down the wormhole, you can get into making your own synths.
There are some decent ā€˜Rack Extensionsā€™ for Reason (native plugins), and there are things you can do in it that you canā€™t in other programmes, but sound quality wise, IMHO Reaktor wins!
[/quote]
Cheers for the info. Iā€™m on 7.1 at the moment - only have a few REs.

As deep as it is, so far my biggest issue with Reason is only being able to use patch points or modulation points where the developers have put them in. Or not being able to load individual modules for different stuff, for example - if I wanted 16 oscillators for some unknown reason Iā€™d have to load 6 instances of Thor which starts getting messy after a while and wastes DSP. (EDIT: Just found an RE for that!)

Might do an in depth comparison in a month or two when Iā€™ve got more time.