EMOM Frankfurt/Main

Hi guys,
I am currently theorizing to organize an EMOM-like event in Frankfurt/Main.
In short, it will be an Open Stage Night for Electronic Music Artists.

So I became curious to check here if there are any fellow Elektronauts from the area who would attend or even participate in an event like this?

Let me know!

I’d also like to learn what would make such an event interesting and inviting for a potential audience and artists alike?

Help me out with your expectations, suggestions etc.

The whole “project” really is in a brainstorm-phase atm, so fire away :wink:
Current eta is something late-summer, like august/september.

I am also looking for partners, to build a team carrying the idea. PM me if you are interested in becoming active and to meet up irl.

ps:
Here’s a quick flyer mock-up I did, because I like to play with photoshop :crazy_face: .

8 Likes

Great idea. I would definitely attend/maybe even participate. I was having the idea as well and even thought about talking to a cafe in sachsenhausen, which seems like it’s open for something like this.

1 Like

Interesting, thanks for the feedback.

Can you tell what the deciding factor between attending and participating would be for you?

I would really like to know how to encourage people to perform, and what they need to feel comfortable doing so?
I imagine there has to be a certain number of people who produce but only publish online, if at all.
Would be nice to give an opportunity/platform to those who would like to present their stuff to a live audience and meet fellow musicians face to face.

Also: Let me know if you still want to talk to that café, I would certainly support the initiative :slight_smile:

Great initiative!!

I posted a write-up in the “improvised techno” thread of a very nice electronic jam session format I experienced recently : The improvised techno thread - #1633 by ccr (there is also a bit of discussion of the format in the follow-up posts).

1 Like

Seems like a great format for collaborative jamming and improvising. I am taking notes! :wink:

For me it’s whether i feel confident enough to perform a smaller set. until now i only produced songs for rendering them and not for performing them.

1 Like

I know what you mean, I’m kind of in the same boat. What do you think of the format @ccr mentioned above? Would that be interesting for you?

1 Like

sounds like a format which could work and reduce the pressure :slight_smile:

Very good idea but I don’t think sachsenhausen is the right place.

1 Like

Alright then. I’m super open for suggestions! Do you have any recommendations?
[Edit]: And can you maybe give some reason to your statement? I’d like to understand what your criteria (and no-nos) for a suitable venue would be. What should I be looking for in a location?

And welcome to the forum :wink:

By the way. Is here anybody anybody in the Frankfurt area? Be interested to get contacts of perspective.

1 Like

I just moved to Germany about an hour and a half away from Frankfurt! I would love to participate, I have actively been looking for an opportunity like this! :sunglasses::crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Awesome. We are working in the background to make it happen.
And of course we will publish here if/when we have a solid date and location.

2 Likes

Iam not from FFM but years ago i got a gig and played at the Exzess at a Hardcore Party. It was and luckily still is a great location with a vibe and philosophy that maybe fits your needs for an uncomplicated sympathic location. Something rare in FFM.
https://www.exzess.info/

2 Likes

If you need any help in organizing or anything else please feel free to reach out to me. I’ll lend a hand whenever possible.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for the hint. We’ll take it into consideration :slight_smile:

Much appreciated :slight_smile:
We will let you know when we get closer to decide on a concept, space and time and have a better overview in which areas, or with which tasks we can use a helping hand.

2 Likes

I’m in Berlin so not something that I could participate in on a regular basis but I’m still interested in this event. Hopefully be able to visit in the future.

2 Likes

We’re gonna do it :blush:
instagram.com/emom_ffm

4 Likes