EMOM Frankfurt/Main

Frankfurt is not next door for me but also not impossible. I can see myself visiting or trying some sort of live show with what I’m working on right now if I get the impression that …

• the event/location is a save space. Nice people who want your best and are open and tolerant. I wouldn’t want to play at a place where people who think of themselves as pros are handling sound and organization and make you feel like an idiot. I‘d also like the same vibe when I‘m in the audience: people interested in music who‘re there to see and hear people risking something instead of waiting for a chance to look down or laugh at people.
  • the bill is not focused on a specific type of electronic music and open for artists doing all kinds of stuff with synths, samplers, drum machines, laptops or „real“ instruments. Ideally, everyone visiting would take away something from at least one performance, but is okay if not everything is right up their alley.
  • this also means that people playing and visiting ideally have at least some kind of idea that they’re not necessarily going to a club with DJ set bangers focused on getting as many people to dance as hard as possible. Of course people can dance, but this shouldn’t be the only viable form to enjoy music at the event.

Basically I‘m looking for an Elektronauts vibe :sweat_smile:.

3 Likes

This is exactly the description of the EMOM I go to in Montreal (Brain Freeze). Great vibe and every one knows what to expect when walking in.

1 Like

Thanks for writing out the concept for us @Azzarole. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
No seriously, what you describe is pretty much exactly what we are aiming for.
It is also the reason why we are sailing under the EMOM flag now. We think that label represents a certain spirit we’d like to pursue and maintain.
Or to paraphrase Martin: This is a “leave your ego at the door” event.

4 Likes

This is really cool! Let us know when stuff is happening. I might also just send you my set when it’s done and you can see if that’s interesting to you.

Nice :slight_smile: We’ll keep you in the loop.

For now we are in the process of checking potential locations, and we want to take our time doing that to avoid rushing things and find something suitable.

Once that’s done we will decide on a date and open bookings.
In time we will also contact everyone who expressed interest beforehand and keep our progress posted here.

3 Likes

Great, really cool you’re putting your heart and time into this!

2 Likes

Yesss!!!’

Sooo, we will check out a space on monday.
Much too early to disclose anything, nothing decided yet, but
I thought to take the opportunity to ask you guys again what to look out for?

Already some great answers above.
Anything else we should keep in mind or ask?

2 Likes

Happy to report that the meeting went great and we have a location confirmed :star_struck:

The first german EMOM is going to take place at the Clubraum of Atelier Frankfurt!
:robot::musical_keyboard::microphone:

10 Likes

Looks great, congrats!

2 Likes