Supercritical Redshift 6

six part multitimbral (that’s good!) but only six voices, i.e., monophonic per timber? (that would be bad)

Kind of reminds me of the Ensoniq ASR X form factor.

2 Likes

“Demon Core Oscillator” :eyes: :metal:

Sound nice! So there’s six of these in the Redshift 6 apparently. And just one can do 16 voice paraphonic.

5 Likes

From the Redshift 6 page
“Each of the six voices can also operate as a paraphonic voice with up to 16 note paraphony.”

2 Likes

IMG_9764

12 Likes

Looks awesome… except the plastic screen protector surrounding four buttons that are going to be used constantly. The plastic will get so smudgy and will scratch when you clean it. Whyyy.

I have the SQ64 - that should do the job… i think

1 Like

That’s looks l Ike a fantastic synth. Great interface. Sounds great too in the demo :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Looks a wonderful Digitakt companion. I might have to trade my Argon8m

1 Like

So, up to 6 parts and individual outputs, thank god. Multitimbrality is so much more useful with multiple outputs.

Just to make sure I understand this - it’s either a 6 voice synth, or 2 3-voice synths, or 6 16-voice paraphonic synths, or some combination of those? For some reason I’m having a really hard time understanding the voice allocation.

4 Likes

I have a feeling this one gonna end up on a lot of people’s wishlist. Anyone with a Digitakt or Hapax will be :eyes:

4 Likes

def interested in seeing exactly what “six voice multitimbral” translates into actual total polyphony across the six “voices”

but the $1,349 price tag . . . it’s not nothing

My understanding is it has 6 filters and technology from their demon core oscillator which is kinda of a strange beast. From their website “The catch of our Demon Core Oscillator is in a new innovation called the MDCO (Multiperiod Digitally Controlled Oscillator) which allows a single analog oscillator core to form multiple simultaneous waves with pitch and phase control. In practice this means 16 analog voices which can be controlled separately.” The best demo I’ve seen with a single demon core is this video starting at 13mins:

The video demo is a single demoncore oscillator with expander. My understanding is this integrates 6 of those or at least the general technology

4 Likes

Huh, looking into the demon core oscillator more makes this seem more of a unique thing than I had initially thought, I wonder if you do the 2Voice combo thing if you will be able to mess with things like cross mod or some of the other things that a more traditional synth would have instead of the demon core osc. I dunno I’m a bit less sold on it after looking into some potential drawback of demoncore vs a traditional multi osc set up. Still seems wonderfully unique though.

And «panic» right under it :laughing:

Very intriguing. I hope more multitimbral synths come out its been missing the past few years.

1 Like

Sounds like an Ambika :space_invader:

Or:

Michigan Synth Works Intros Xena, The Warrior Synthess, The Reincarnation Of Mutable Instrument’s Ambika – Synthtopia.

I want one Edit: to pair with my Deluge

2 Likes

This is the sort of thing I’ve been looking for on paper, at least. Very curious

2 Likes