Supercritical Redshift 6

Redshift 6’s idea is something that is wrapped in the moniker “Variable Character Synthesizer”. Each voice’s analog path regarding tuning, gain staging, filter, and more is under strict digital control. Redshift 6 has as lush and warm sweet spot inspired by the analog polysynth tradition, but it can also cover the full range from almost digitally sterile and clean to distorted misbehavior and beyond. No modeling here – it’s all analog until the bypassable stereo DSP effects processor.

26 Likes

very interesting.

6 part multitimbral.
up to 16 note paraphony.

€1259

9 Likes

It has a button labeled ‘math’ on the front panel. I’m so in.

14 Likes

Not a big fan of the design but on paper seems like a very powerful analog synth at a fair price!

Phew!!! Can finally breathe out.

A friend of mine is involved heavily in this and sent me a link to a video earlier, but naturally I had to keep my mouth shut. I’m keeping my eye on this as a six voice analog synth is basically the only thing missing from my setup.

Also, deserves a big hurrah just for being the second standalone hardware synth ever from Finland besides Knifonium. The swedes have had it so good for years. Finally we finns are starting to catch up.

Very very proud of these guys for living the dream.

48 Likes

looks beautiful and pretty powerful on paper.
any idea what are the built in fx? there’s no mention on the website…

1 Like

Video on their instagram account:
https://www.instagram.com/p/C2eiOFwN4D6/

5 Likes

no mention of the fx in the video, sounds good though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Torille!

6 Likes

From the specs:

Analog four pole Variable Character Filter

I have their Neutron Flux Filter in on of my eurorack cases. The Neutron is 8-pole, but that’s probably also because it can be stereo. Beside that, if it is as flexible within that 4-pole regime, I am more than excited!

I couldn’t find any demos from YT and Insta, posted here, doesn’t load up in my browser (as usual).

1 Like

analog, multi-timbral, endless encoders, in-build fx :+1:

17 Likes

I’ve quite enjoyed the demo song!
This synth sounds nice.

1 Like

Yes! You forgot MPE

2 Likes

Neutron Flux is an incredible filter so it’s cool to see it in a standalone synth. This looks great.

1 Like

looks nice and would complement the AR

2 Likes

Very interesting product and sound in the demo. 6 voices / 6 parts.

Marketing tip for manufacturers: wooden side panels cost very little yet make your design look instantly more real and majestic.

2 Likes

This looks cool. I dig the form factor.

I thought about it too, but I really wonder how good is the internal sequencer, there’s not lots of detail about that, rytm midi out is pretty limited so if the sequencer is weak then you’d need something else to use…

I kinda dig that clear red hexagon pattern thing going on… although I would have to see it in a real environment to really understand how it looks. I do love me some semi transparent shells on devices though.

1 Like

At first glance it looks like a plugin :slight_smile: 6 part multitimbral and 6 outputs :+1:

1 Like