Superbooth 21

I’ve never used a MMT-8, but I’m fascinated by older hardware sequencers and the calculator aesthetic pleases me so I am fully into this.

4 Likes

It’s funny because in statistics class in uni I would be away from my MPC and look at my calculator asking it “why can’t you be a sequencer ?” Looks like someone listened to my 2005 requests.

5 Likes

I’m intrigued : )
But seems like it will be something no one expected : )

On Facebook I said “So it’s a midi looper” and the reply from retrokits was:

A ‘16 songs with 99 ‘loops’ (parts) each which on their part can control 8 seperate tracks wich each can hold 16 midi channels’ - looper

10 Likes

So it’s a song mode. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

My bet is this.

3 Likes

Maybe, but the color scheme of the picture is closer to MW : )

Q+ was a special one, had a chance to use it in 00s…

By the way, is it your collection in the video?

2 Likes

No thats Firechild a popular youtuber. It will be interesting to see which one of us is correct(or maybe we both maybe wrong) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I expect something noone expected : )

1 Like

Wild Predictions

Only a few days left, before this thread is filled with real product news and announcements.

This is your last chance to post your wildest guess on what we’re about to see. Your chance to throw those crazy ideas out and be wildly wrong.

Perhaps this is something that no one expected.

( Think elevator pitch sort of length, of something you really think will happen as opposed to what you really want to happen. )

Here’s mine —

ASM combines Glen Darcey’s design experience with MPC products, with Daniel Troberg’s design experience with the Octatrack, with the engineering expertise at ASM/Medeli for a new product. They bring in one of the world’s best product demonstrators, Cenk Sayinli. This years must watch video is the Sonic State presentation with Nick and Cenk.

15 Likes

Yes! I really want to see what ASM would do in the sampler arena. They have the knowledge!

6 Likes

I hoped to see new fun trickery from Koma Elektronik, but not on the list.

1 Like

Dave Smith ends the Sequential show standing next to a plinth covered with black cloth and, with a Steve Jobs-esque ‘just one more thing’, he looks to the back of the stage to welcome Roger Linn. They embrace like old buddies and together remove the cloth to reveal the LinnDrum II. Everyone dies of the excitement.

9 Likes

This has been my dream since the Hydra launch! I would really need sampler, but I have been postponing my gear acquisition plans until I see what ASM releases next.

1 Like

And this has been my another gear purchase stopping dream for years! He’s veen cooking the LinnDrum up for so long, that I just couldn’t buy a sampler until either of these volcanoes erupt.

1 Like

That would be absolutely amazing. Great vivid description craig.

1 Like

I would literally die for a spiritual successor to OT.

5 Likes

Actual prediction: Sequential finally drops the OB-X we’re expecting. [The trademark grant will be finalized on the 16th]

Wishful thinking: while they call it the OB-X, it’s actually their answer to the Moog One, a three oscillator, dual filter, four envelope, five LFO beast, and unlike the One, it comes as a (looong) module.

3 Likes

Following in the footsteps of other Moogfest limited edition items that would eventually become part of the standard production lineup, Moog announces the release of the Spectravox, a vocoder and spectral modulator.

One always has to remember these days where the garbage pail is, because it’s so easy to make sounds, and to put sounds together into something that appears to be music, but it’s just as hard as it always was to make good music. ~ Dr. Robert Moog

Speculation
  • This is just my speculation, in response to @Jukka post above, not a real announcement.
3 Likes

I got mine from tixforgigs on the same day. I purchased them for the 19th and yes, I received an email with a barcode in the end.

I found registration a bit confusing, I think I had to activate first and then personalize again. I received two additional emails in the end. The last one had the barcode.