Superbooth 21

This is why I decided to stick to one brand with few other ones if I’m really missing something otherwise, it can be a mess with all the releases out there

2 Likes

A nightmare if you don’t know what you want to achieve :scream:

5 Likes

I’ve realised I’m modular in spirit as well as workflow. Which is why I’ll never go there.

4 Likes

Is it only my impression or is superbooth a big modular playground? Or is it because there are so many modular heads here?

Not too sure, probably a bit of both though nowadays.

On the contrary, the retrofits rk8 sequencer is the thing that has really caught my eye.

3 Likes

I am almost certain not going to make it to Superbooth today,… feel sick and without any energy in my body. Almost falling asleep while I am typing this … so disappointing! :unamused:

:sleeping_bed:

1 Like

Damn, that sucks. Get well soon! Probably best to stay away if you feel sick tho :grimacing:

3 Likes

my as well, a few posts above.

I thought Superbooth has always had a big modular focus on purpose, being run by Scneiders, etc, and has only more recently started getting hit up by more typical synth brands now that it’s become a bigger event.

1 Like

Is there more superbooth today? I thought it ended yesterday. I wonder if there will be more synth announcements…

Last day today. I doubt we’ll get many (if any) more announcements today tho

3 Likes

I recall two years ago or so one of the large companies, Korg ??, had a surprise announcement on the last day, and got a lot of attention from that. This is also around the time that larger companies not in attendance, will announce and get a tag along effect. Pretty sure a certain company who rarely does shows has done this.

ADDED : MFB for instance did a last day surprise announcement at SB 19, with an eight voice polyphonic synth.
Sonicstate video.

3 Likes

beside some new gear … did anyone saw some nice live shows on the stages? I wanted to come to superbooth to see POLE … but then, it´s rainy today and 2 hours drive from Dresden :stuck_out_tongue:

Last time I saw Carolina Eyck on the moog theremin and it was just simply amazing! She got standig ovations from the crowd. Such a great performance.

2 Likes

Yeah how was Schneider TM?

Seeing that image of Brando that sabana put up reminds me of something.

The other thing that happens on last day of a show, is the talk moves inside. This is when companies looking to improve their business will be talking to others. They might be flying out tomorrow or Monday, so they have some time to meet with others.

Focusrite might be prospecting. Sequential and Novation, might be sharing. Companies like Dreadbox, or Polyend, or Studio Electronic may be out looking for others to collaborate. A few startups may be looking for funding. Influencers may be making videos. Distribution deals are discussed. And everybody is at least thinking about hiring.

Everybody is tired but they also have their game on.

One thing very true about Eurorack equipment makers, while it bores a lot of readers here, is they are innovators. It’s an innovators industry. And there are a lot of Eurorack makers at Superbooth, and so there is a lot of innovation here too.

And knowing one another over the years there is much comradery. People like Gaz are definitely in their element on the last day.

4 Likes

it’s natural, because modules don’t have to be versatile.
one-trick module is totally OK. one-trick synth is a failure.

3 Likes

So nothing showed up at the last minute?

No sign of lxr02 firmware ?
No behringer
No elektron gear / firmware
No korg
No Roland
No novation firmwares

In summary - can’t remember reading about anything I might want to buy. … except perhaps dreadbox box.

3 Likes

The TipTop & Buchla thing is on my radar

Retrokits’ cute calculator sequencer as well.

2 Likes

For me there have been a handful of things I am excited about from this years Superbooth. PWM Malevolent, Retrokits RK-008, Buchla/Tip-Top Collaboration, Waldorf M, Dreadbox Nymphes.

And I give Moog the Taco Bell Award, for continuing to finding creative ways to re-package the same ingredients.

2 Likes