Superbooth 21

Still waiting for a proper demo.

1 Like

New Eowave modules

2 Likes

Here is a Sonicstate video explaining the U-he Wiretap Eurorack module :

I posted about it earlier but my source was largely wrong. It makes gate outputs, for things like drums and bass from movement in control CV signals.

Wiretap is a good companion module for CVilization.

Apologies for the earlier screw up.

3 Likes

STILL no Error instruments video on the whole of the freekin’ interwebs!

:exploding_head:
:scream_cat:

1 Like

But you get to go there in person ! You can make the video. We’re all interested to hear about what you discover. Have fun.

1 Like

Yea my trusty Iphone 6s could do some clips, why not. But can’t promise anything.

1 Like
6 Likes

those keys look so small. are they mini keys? reminds me of old casio keyboards.

1 Like

I don’t know, I’m just posting new content.

1 Like

I don’t know if anyone noticed, but I used Volca Kicks on the feet. Get it…Kicks.

Anyways, to stay on topic, Superbooth 2021 is happening this weekend.

That’s all for now.

4 Likes

Mini Keys with AT and Velocity.

3 Likes

I thought it already started? Or is Saturday usually the big day or something? Haven’t been following such things a lot before.

I’m admittedly pretty shit on the keys but I hope the Osmose (when it arrives) pushes me into committing recordings rather than relying on sequencing and quantising everything these days. I’ve kind of lost a bit of a spark in that regard.

I’m not so keen on the physical instruments type emulation of Osmose - not my thing - but I am pretty excited about using the MPE side of things with VSTs and that for more synthy type sounds of the built in engine.

Shaping up to be a really nice keyboard., Just hope they still deliver on that price that I’ve signed up to!

1 Like

Portal Drum from Rabid Elephant

Do you put a lot of love into your kick drum sound ? Here is a Eurorack analog kick drum with a lot of control over the sound. Surprising what sorts of sounds come from this one module.

This has been under development for a long time, and it may be a while still before it is released, because of the parts shortage. I’m not sure how any company can expect to make money on a module, after investing this much in development, but it shows they really love what they do.

It would be good to hear this as you would actually use it rather than in this show setting.

7 Likes

Here’s a cool company, Audiowerkstatt, that makes a whole list of high quality MIDI utility boxes, with some clever specialized uses. I like the clock shifter for instance. Also good are the clock multipliers and dividers. There is also MIDI to DIN Sync converters and other stuff.

Warning: Gaz attack !

6 Likes

wow, i wish there a standalone midi version. same thing with the metropolis/metropolix. actually i want a midi metropolix with these faders. :slight_smile:

1 Like

ZAPS from Winter Modular and Plankton Electronics working together.

Another analog drum Eurorack, but this one very different to the Portal Drum i just posted about. While this also has a rich control section, done here with sliders, this one is digitally controlled so you can store and recall patches. It also makes percussive sounds of a wide variety, because of its choice of analog circuitry. It includes assignable CV control. There is a lot to this module.

This video goes over the features, but given that this module has so much going on, stay on your toes if you decide to watch this.

4 Likes

every Superbooth 2021 thread is another confirmation that modular is the new normal.

however, i’m fine with that, since my GAS is not triggered.

9 Likes

It is lovely that there’s a whole raft of stuff I needn’t even glance at.

1 Like

It must be torture for people into modular though. :slight_smile:

5 Likes