Superbooth 21

“Use our device at the end of your MIDI chain.”

Except they all say that…

3 Likes

It was definitely disappointing that the Dreadbox Nymphes doesn’t have out, let alone thru (not many, if any, of their synths have a dedicated thru, but most let out pass through in some manner though).

1 Like

I think properly implemented (looking at you, MicroFreak) soft thru needs to be an option on a device where there is no dedicated port. Full stop.

3 Likes

Holy…

I’ve sold MW2 a few years ago, probably already felt this were coming : )

Like everything about it incl. the name (reminds me German Leica M cameras which I also adore, and yeah it also has red knob : ).

Don’t like 8 voices, but analog filters… No wonder… AFAIR MW1 also had 8 voices

2 Likes

I still have the XT 30 Voices. But this one is tempting !!

1 Like

4 parts multitimbral…16 voice expansion incoming too…if i wouldn´t have an Iridium already, …:wink:

1 Like

Are people forgetting that korg box - wave tables , much cheaper , and you can buy chroma caps.

Back to superbooth !!!
There’s a thread for M :wink:

1 Like

Plus Korg is at SB .

A long ways to go on this ride.

3 Likes

arturia released a new soft-synth.

not sure if its related to superbooth or not, but its the sq80-v if any one cares.

“organic digital wavemaker”

SQ-80 V product page

(updated with a direct link to the product)

6 Likes

Yea it was meant to be released to coincide with superbooth.

2 Likes

i love my XT 10 voice. the modulation is deep in it. the mod system in the new M looks pretty good. they don’t have the modifiers as sources but something else they’re calling “side chain modulation” which allows for combining sources in different ways. the math operations in the XT can make it so damn weird.

i think they delivered on a good compromise of new/old for microwave fans. similar to XT specs with different modes to get the old sound + analog filters/vca.

i rarely use the FX in the xt so don’t see that as missing. I went through the manual briefly but forgot to look for FM. doesn’t appear to have filter FM. i think it’ll be a pretty flexible synth for people after that sound. not cheap though. nice screen though.

i think my XT was $1300 new in 1999 or something like that.

also, worth mentioning… the screens on some Quantums are falling off into the machine. apparently after some use the glue weakens and the screens come unattached. it’s a bummer as it usually happens after warranty has expired so is not being covered by waldorf.

7 Likes

Will take a look at the manual as soon as I can. I dont see myself selling the XT. Such a unique piece of gear.

3 Likes
5 Likes

This is old news, right?

2 Likes

I wish they would make a backpack or trolley that fits the assembled 3-tier setup.

Having all three together in a package is new, afaik :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

3 units vs. 2

3 Likes

All right. Boring news then :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope that’s not the extent of their Superbooth offering

7 Likes

I might have been tempted at one point - but too much competition now.

I think its a good bundle. One of the better ones to get you started. Will be interesting if they take a bit off the price.

2 Likes