Superbooth 21

Bjooks, a book publisher that does synth books, is showing their new book SYNTH GEMS 1, a book about various vintage synths, more than 60 of them. Lots of nice pictures, looks like a great coffee table book. Octatrack users will be pleased, especially if they receive this as a gift.

You can visit Bjooks at the show.

5 Likes

syntakt obx microwave

1 Like

I am going straight to Error Instruments on Saturday and have a look wassup.

11 Likes

Ha, badass. Would be good making an Error-only rack I think. Have the exorcist on hand :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Some real news on the Waldorf Red Knob product.

It’s called M.

Double wavetable, 8 voice 4 part multitimbral, with analog VCF & VCA desktop module.

ADDED Six audio outs, built-in arpeggiator, full metal case, graphic display.

I like the two double ring encoders for contolling wavetable and wave separately

Waldorf "Welcome Back, Old Friend" Teaser - #57 by egomuzik.

6 Likes

holy hell, instant Oval! if i was into eurorack my wall of old cd players and sets of overhead markers might be sweating right now…

2 Likes

https://www.waldorfmusic.com/en/m

5 Likes

MIDI DIN IN, OUT, and mffkn THRUUUUUUUU

Finally.

10 Likes

Waldorf M looks tasty. Tons of really nice features. The additional outputs, analog VCF, VCA. Price is sturdyyyyy though.

5 Likes

Wow. Just noticed that price. Ouch.

2 Likes

So is my memory playing tricks with me ?

Was Aodyo, maker of the Sylphyo and Anyma Phi scheduled to be at the show ? They are now on the exhibitors list. Since i own the AP i should have noticed and i would have posted.

Can new exhibitors still show up at SB 21 ?

Given how fluid the pandemic situation is, it’s possible that a show like Superbooth could have offered exhibitors a lot of flexibility and time to decide if they wanted to appear in person. Pure guesswork though. My wife does work in trade shows though, and they are all having a rough time with in-person events (in the USA, at least).

2 Likes

User waves too!

But yeah, Waldorf != cheap 90% of the time

4 Likes

If the build and support are quality, then it is justified. But the only Waldorf synth I have ever touched is a Blofeld, and I didn’t care for it, ultimately. And Waldorf’s longevity and support give me pause given their history.

The M is out of my league, but I wouldn’t say no if, perhaps, a friendly local picked one up. :smiley:

1 Like

How much?

https://waldorfmusic.com/en/hardware-synthesizer/product/205-m

1,879 europeans. Didn’t bother converting to Americans. :laughing:

3 Likes

Nice machine, but for my atonal noise a bit unnecessary to put it mild :grin:

New from soulsby

7 Likes

I know, right?

2 Likes