Superbooth 21

Plus Korg is at SB .

A long ways to go on this ride.

3 Likes

arturia released a new soft-synth.

not sure if its related to superbooth or not, but its the sq80-v if any one cares.

“organic digital wavemaker”

SQ-80 V product page

(updated with a direct link to the product)

6 Likes

Yea it was meant to be released to coincide with superbooth.

2 Likes

i love my XT 10 voice. the modulation is deep in it. the mod system in the new M looks pretty good. they don’t have the modifiers as sources but something else they’re calling “side chain modulation” which allows for combining sources in different ways. the math operations in the XT can make it so damn weird.

i think they delivered on a good compromise of new/old for microwave fans. similar to XT specs with different modes to get the old sound + analog filters/vca.

i rarely use the FX in the xt so don’t see that as missing. I went through the manual briefly but forgot to look for FM. doesn’t appear to have filter FM. i think it’ll be a pretty flexible synth for people after that sound. not cheap though. nice screen though.

i think my XT was $1300 new in 1999 or something like that.

also, worth mentioning… the screens on some Quantums are falling off into the machine. apparently after some use the glue weakens and the screens come unattached. it’s a bummer as it usually happens after warranty has expired so is not being covered by waldorf.

7 Likes

Will take a look at the manual as soon as I can. I dont see myself selling the XT. Such a unique piece of gear.

3 Likes
5 Likes

This is old news, right?

2 Likes

I wish they would make a backpack or trolley that fits the assembled 3-tier setup.

Having all three together in a package is new, afaik :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

3 units vs. 2

3 Likes

All right. Boring news then :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope that’s not the extent of their Superbooth offering

7 Likes

I might have been tempted at one point - but too much competition now.

I think its a good bundle. One of the better ones to get you started. Will be interesting if they take a bit off the price.

2 Likes

Tiptop audio just posted on Twitter that they have something new.

And I saw polyend post that they’re setup.

1 Like

Poly Cinematic by Knobula

There is a lot of Eurorack this year at SB. This one looks a little different.

This module generates thick chords, and seems simple to play with MIDI, or even CV. Only 12 HP, but really packs a lot in the space and has 56 built in oscillators, and its own reverb. The controls seem well thought out to help you generate good sounding pads and stabs, with no menus. Listen to the video to get some idea of this unit’s versatility.

There is a manual available online at their web-site:

7 Likes

i think polyend might just recap on their latest os update for their tracker.
(when was the tracker released btw, 2020?)

-seems unlikely they’ll have a new product so soon to showcase while still focusing on the tracker i.e. the latest update.

but also you never know for sure rite.

1 Like

Orbit 3 and Enhance 2, very interesting! Going to have a look at the Joranalogue booth for sure (and practice my Flemish :ok_hand:)

5 Likes

Quasar from Neuzeit

New from Neuzeit. ( Am i allowed to do that ?) Quasar is a 3D audio mixer that uses binaural algorithms.

Not clear all the detail on how this one works, but it may win the SB Eurorack beauty contest.

More details here:

Previous to this Neuzeit created the Eurorack module Orbit ( another module with the same name ) which is an audio shaper.

6 Likes

They announced a third module, Step 8, but its release window is later (Q1 2022) and it may not be at Superbooth 21. Full details including manuals on the Joranalogue website.

1 Like

Bbc Radio6 did some 3d/ spatial sound stuff recently ( Jon Hopkins track and a few others I think ) , and I liked the kraftwerk 3d headphone mixes that were done. … I’d go with a vst though as I’m avoiding eurorack .