Superbooth 2022

Awesome.

1 Like

Posted on GS: (not sure if legit)

8-voice, pure-analog polyphony with sine, saw, square, triangle, and noise
Two discrete SEM/OB-X-lineage VCOs per voice deliver classic punchy Oberheim tone
Discrete SEM-lineage VCFs deliver authentic OB-X-style tone and presence
Genuine Curtis filters add bold OB-Xa/OB-8 character
Meticulously modeled envelope responses match each OB model: OB-X, OB-Xa, and OB-8
The 61-key FATAR velocity- and touch-sensitive keyboard allows unparalleled expression and responsiveness
Bi-timbral capability allows two presets simultaneously for splits and doubles
400-plus factory programs, including the full set of factory sounds for the OB-X, OB-SX, OB-Xa, and OB-8
Integral, fanless, heatsink-free power supply
Real walnut end cheeks
High-resolution OLED display enables patch management and easy access to advanced features
Classic Oberheim Pitch and Mod levers allow expressive note bending, vibrato, and access to arpeggiator functions

Enhancements
Additional SEM Filter modes add high-pass, band-pass, and notch functions to the classic OB-X filter
Vintage knob allows variable amounts of voice-to-voice variability to emulate the behavior of vintage instruments
Velocity sensitivity adds expressiveness to volume and filter
Channel Aftertouch adds real-time performance-based modulation
Enhanced unison allows variable voice stacking from 1-8 voices
Variable triangle wave cross-modulation
Over 600 user-programmable preset locations
Programmable per-voice pan allows wider stereo presence
Variable oscillator and noise levels

Ins & Outs
Stereo and Mono outputs
Volume, Sustain, and Filter inputs
Arpeggiator clock input
MIDI In, Out, Thru
USB

MSRP: $5000
Release date: June

1 Like

Soma Terra incoming

TERRA is a new SOMA labs synth that is currently in development.

TERRA is a highly conceptual device. The core idea is unity of nature and technology, and a perfect balance between simplicity and versatility.
Behind the extremely simple interface hides a complex polyphonic, microtonal synthesizer with a broad and flexible sound palette.

The innovative keyboard design invites new playing techniques in the full range of a grand piano.
TERRA is our dream about a bright future where we will be both technologically advanced and more connected to nature,
where machines and technology are not a prison for our feelings and spirit but their extension.
Catch a live demonstration of our TERRA prototype during SuperBooth in the Auditorium on 13.05.2022 at 16:30.

Hope to see you there!

6 Likes

I’ve not seen anything about the Drumlogue for over a year, has some new details come to light? It feels a little like vapourware at this point

All you need to do is wait a week. Come on !
( Welcome to the forum JoyrexJ9 ! )

If you want Korg ?Vaporware? watch this:

The Korg Gadget VR

It’s also on their future products page.

Which reminds me, we’re still expecting a Wavestate SE, right ?

Expect several new announcements from Korg at SB22.

2 Likes

the trailer is something else:

8 Likes

Thanks! I didn’t realize that was my first post. I’ve probably lurked here too long!

I only spotted it is on the Korg’s future products page after I posted, which yeah makes me a lot more optimistic we’ll see it some day (hopefully next week!)

1 Like

Good lord. This seems to fall into the “somewhat beautiful but also profoundly silly” category of Soma creations…

The innovative keyboard design invites new playing techniques and covers the full range of a grand piano with the possibility to tune each note with an accuracy of 125 steps per semitone. To achieve this range with such a simple keyboard we designed a unique system of pitch shifting using four additional sensors. Pressing different combinations of them will result in 16 variations of keyboard transposing, including up to 3 octaves up and down, fifth, fourth, third, tone etc.
Not only do you get the full range of a grand piano in a very compact design, TERRA also offers an entirely new and different approach to playing melodies and chords.

The keyboard consists of 12-note sensors with velocity and pressure sensitivity allowing for the manual creation of slow attack and vibrato, 4 dynamic sensors for timbre modification and control, 4 pitch-shifting sensors and 2 hold sensors for holding the state of the timbre and note sensors.

Inside TERRA there is a three-axis motion sensor for creating a variety of different modulations by simple intuitive movements of your hands and body.

TERRA is digital and contains 32 complex synthesis algorithms. Each algorithm has been carefully designed to be a complete and flexible musical instrument on its own, ready for learning and playing in its own unique way. The goal is to free the musician from long exhausting programming, setting hundreds of parameters for creating one timbre, and instead putting the focus directly on music and performance and following your imagination and inspiration.

TERRA offers the best of both worlds: the direct intuitive tactile connection from acoustic instruments and the flexibility and versatility of synthesizers. TERRA inherits design principles from LYRA-8 and also contains application of the new principles that were announced for ReFLEX, exploring the future of synthesis.

TERRA has an extremely simple interface that gives you instant access to all its functions in several touches, including saving and loading the 96 presets that are stored directly on the playing sensors. TERRA has no display. Instead it shows and lets you dial all necessary data on the 6 LED-sensor triangle in the center.

TERRA has a built-in FX processor so the stereo output is ready to use, making it a perfect stand-alone performance instrument. While the sound generation is digital, TERRA has a unique custom-built and top quality analog part that makes it sound rich, natural, clear and powerful at the same time.

The housing of TERRA comes from a solid piece of wood, making each instrument unique and slightly different. In the photo above and in the announcement demo video you can see the prototype of the synth. The final design is in development and we intend to make several different versions.

TERRA is a sanctuary for a natural soul right in the middle of the rumbling plastic world, a ground where you can breathe in and out slowly, and hold on to your roots.
TERRA is our dream about a bright future where we will be both technologically advanced and more connected to nature, where machines and technology are not a prison for our feelings and spirit but their extension.

6 Likes

I said my quess would be that Arturia would release a new Microfreak.

But now i’m thinking… maybe this is the year Arturia will release its first controller module in Eurorack size? :thinking:

The EuroFreak !

Sign me up.

1 Like

Yikes. I went to the YT comments for the TERRA video and saw nothing but wild praise. Sometimes I feel like an outsider in this world of music tech. More power to people that want this, but definitely not my cup of tea.

3 Likes

Cool! But in this case I guess it’s going to be limited.

And no chance of ever getting a decksaver to fit…

3 Likes

just use some leaves :fallen_leaf:

14 Likes

5 days to go!!

1 Like

It’ll be the 1st time i visit in real life, enjoying the past two as a virtual visitor online.

Besides hoping to have a go with the SynTakt curious about Polyend’s latest.
And ofcourse Bastl’s performance!

these are the main reasons for my little trip, but i bet there will be plenty more good reasons

Stoked!

Also planning to visit Schneiders laden

2 Likes

Serendipity !!

I’m hoping to see an update from Modor for the DR-2, I think they are on the list last time I checked!
I doubt very much they will engineer a mini version (dr2) a lĂ  NF1-m but I would love to see one :grin:

3 Likes

Btw what’s the deal with most companies only teasing on Instagram?

I think (or I hope at least) that there are less people with an Instagram account than those with.

1 Like

…ooooook…korg keeps on rocking in a V world…
…while soma starts to finally get lost in eso peso ways…
…and polyend wants u to come out and PLAY… :wink:

while i failed to stick to my word and instead now wait for my syntakt…hmmmpf.
first adopter curse again…damn…at least second batch, this time…but first os is first os…
i hate updating…but with this st, i have to learn to apreciate it, i’m afraid…
since i defenitly wanna see a vowel/spelling machine added to it’s inner sonic circle…

and ooops, just received an invitation to superbooth’ little pre party on wednesday eve…
lookin’ forward…

2 Likes