Superbooth 2022

Has anyopne there in person been to the Fred’s Lab booth? There was an article about a new cool poly synth on one of the syth sites, but no info anywhere else and no videos: https://www.synthanatomy.com/2022/05/superbooth-22-freds-lab-manatee-new-multi-timbral-spectral-synthesizer.html
Looks pretty awesome!

2 Likes

Man i envy you. All ive got is Rhodes samples and would love an original.

2 Likes

Looks like a Micromonsta on steroids :grinning:

OMG this looks so beautiful! I love those blank panels with included instructions. :heart_eyes_cat:

6 Likes

That Larachd is so good. If I took out my Ears and Booster I’d still need to find 2hp of space…

any news on the drumlogue?

2 Likes

Love the Landscape Noon!!! They’re also pretty friendly. Gonna buy it. We should wait a bit though…

Soma Terra sounds very interesting and huge! They’ll also release a small utility called Metaconformer which will be pretty useful to use the analog devices with the midi devices. Really great, it will open my Octatrack up. You could use the Octatrack like a polyphonic synthesizer with it. Designed by Vadik who has developed the Ornament. Enner is also very fun.

Erica Synths Perkons is such a fun instrument to play. Crazy. You can’t modulate the modulation though, but who cares. It was really fun.

1 Like

…yup…miller’s on the right…with some old buddy of him’s on the left…
but what they did, with their modular rigs was surprisingly underwhelming and kind of lame to boring and sometimes even hurtful for the ears, since the soundsystem was a good one…
seemed to me, they came unprepared, noodled along a little and we’re also pretty surprised sometimes about the harshness of some of the sounds they stumbled across their knobbing along their “performance”…

but hey…he remains the godfather of some of my most all time favourite music acts…no depeche mode…and in my case way more importent…no fad gadget…without this man…so, HE is totally allowed to fail sometimes… :wink:

5 Likes

Gareth Jones : Sunroof | Discography | Discogs

2 Likes

Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

This Freds lab is putting out some really cool under the radar synths tbh.

More dedicated knobs than the Tooro I’m actually very interested in this!

Fred’s Lab Manatee is currently full in development. Although product research and development is self-founded, there will probably be a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter to produce a limited first run of 150 machines.

Hmm not really my thing tbh but i might get in on it anyway

1 Like

…is it him?..damn, u might be right…did’nt realize…well…they’re both at their best, whenever they drop their skills for others…

2 Likes

Pretty sure as they’ve been doing a lot of live shows recently.

I heard Daniel miller dj once.
Shockingly bad and boring.
Never again.

precisely. i don’t get the andrew huang dissing though. seems like just a guy doing his thing. who cares. if his existence led to this module, which seems interesting, then that’s a good thing right? but again… who cares. get an alt panel. put some tape on it. whatever. i sharpied over a lot of things on gear over the years because the LEDs were too bright or some other graphics thing bothered me. customize it. make it your own. move on. make music.

here’s sean from Ae “signing” a fan’s nord micromodular… “we think they look better this way”

atlanta-sean_1

15 Likes

I was really thinking we’d see some Elektron firmwares to coincide with SB but I guess syntakt stole the thunder! :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

I don’t get it either tbh - this is a killer module and if he was involved in its creation then im happy to have his name stamped on it - I’ll be grateful to him every time I use it (I’m ordering one as soon as it’s available).

1 Like

I was actually wondering about that. Bright LEDs. I have a module that’s got BLINDING lights. And would love to tone it down, not out. Sharpie doesn’t completely obscure the light?

I would think it might hurt resale, should you want to sell.

Are the biggest announcements usually on the first day? Do gear announcements get made up till the very end?

Not commonly but they do. There was one sometime back held to the last hours.

ADDED : We also get last day leaks from the Secret Superbooth like for the unnamed Polyend product at SB21, that turned out to be the Polyend Play.

1 Like