Superbooth 2022

indeed, but i am not sure about the test of time, but that access virus aged well, and i would not say a voyager is old now, its timeless.

i think it even had parameter lock in its sequencer.

A redo by Arturia, has always been of interest to me. Maybe someday.

1 Like

I see one locally on reverb for local pickup only, $2950. Been up for 2 years though…

it has also macro controls, and a joystick to control the mixer, to blend different parts, actually a cool idea, i layerd several vst in abelton, and then used the rack selector to select different patches, similar function but in hardware, its quiete spectacular. The manual is not so well structured, but reveals that parameter locks are possible, also slide and accent. The last fw update is from 2011. It also had 4 stereo out, and spdif, it sucks when we see how generous the past was, and now we get roland toy synth, instead of innovation.

1 Like

The Silhouette optical synthesizer has been under development by Pit Przygodda for years and i have followed it for a while too.

I first posted about it from Superbooth 2019 :

And then again from Superbooth 2021 :

And he’s back again at Superbooth 2022 :

Improvements with every show, and it is now closer and closer to the dream.

5 Likes

Its like a machine seen in a forensic lab :rofl:

3 Likes

Was there any news from Vermona? I saw they were on the exhibitor list but have not seen any videos (yet)

What does this do that an Iridium doesn’t? What am I missing here?

I compared it to the Meyers synth, because it also had 4 parts, and an actual sequencer, the Meyer Synth only has midi file (clip) playback. I am not sure about motion /step sequencing on the Meyer MD900. So i compared a 12 year old top machine, to a current maschine, and the old machine actually didnt look old in that regard.
Both do Virtual Analog, the old one with a Analog Devices DSP, which is a very nice chip. (Nord Synth often used the Analog Devices DSP aswell.)

Where is that Meris pedal?!?!

Big reveal tomorrow :slight_smile:

Actually this Superbooth has already cost me a fortune so I hope Meris aint got something too amazing lol

1 Like

Pretty sweet. SonicState superbooth video from XOR talk about this proto briefly.

Meant to add: interesting for ER-301 folks.

1 Like

There is a new not yet completed prototype, that is likely to become a product from a cooperation of Eowave, and Touellskouarn, done from a specification by the musician Yann Tierson.

It is called OSTILH, and has four oscillators that can be variously arranged into a paraphonic filter and a VCA, a pair of ADR envelopes and an LFO, and will later have a sequencer too. More detail, with videos in this article :

3 Likes

…what about the Berlin based korgnerds? Has Somebody Seen there?

Sounds awesome.

1 Like

Interviewed about their live modular setup:

1 Like

Music Tech Magazine Best Eurorack at Superbooth 2022

I picked this out because it’s all Eurorack, and it lists stuff not on other lists.

• Erica Synths LXR, drum synthesizer
  • Qu-Bit Electronix Aurora, spectral reverb
  • Look Mum No Computer #1222 Performance VCO
  • Bastl Instruments Pizza, waveshaping synth
  • Sebsongs Euclidean, gate sequencer
  • Xaoc Devices Koszalin, stereo frequency shifter
  • ALM/Busy Circuits ASQ-1, sequencer
  • Eventide Misha, instrument / sequencer
  • AtoVproject DHO, dual harmonic oscillator
  • Endorphin.es Andrew Huang GHOST, stereo effect processor
  • Shakmat Modular Jwlr Cast, wave warping tool
  • Befaco AC/DC, audio interface
  • SoundForce S-LD, sample-based drum
  • Knobula Kickain, drum-compressor
  • Error Instruments Imaginary Friend, digital-analogue synth

Music Tech Magazine also did a most exciting announcements from Superbooth 2022, along with links to their articles on those products.

2 Likes

Our booth neighbors TiNRS low-key-showcased a Triggerpad to Eurorack converter made by Lauri of Vaski Embedded, that takes 3-zone pads like the Roland PD-8 and extracts trigger, velocity and CV.

It’s not as spectacular looking but it works fantastically well - skip to 2:45 to see it in action.

A picture of the 2-Zone version, there’s 3-Zone one also:

4 Likes

I’m not a drummer. I was just happy to see an unknown getting some attention for his invention. And his enthusiasm.

3 Likes