Superbooth 2022

Great overview Joey and soma enner sounded amazing :+1:

1 Like

I went down a rabbit hole trying to resolve this for some modules myself but didn’t find any products useful for it (Sharpy will work, but I feel it would look a bit ugly…) - I still think there must be some kind of liquid version of stage-lighting gels that could help dampen them - but I haven’t found anything…

Mutable Instruments Blades could literally land planes the LED’s are insane on it.

1 Like

Today 5:30 pm: talk with Dave Smith and Tom Oberheim :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Calling @sabana. See above post :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve got some neutral density gels that come as small stickers which work well if you’ve got a flat-ish surface for them.

1 Like

This looks cool

6 Likes

Off topic/on topic- if you’re fighting overly bright leds on gear (qubit data bender I’m looking at you) these sort of stickers come in super handy: https://www.amazon.ca/LightDims-Black-Out-Electronics-Appliances/dp/B009WSN8PK

There’s different levels of light blocking available from a little to 100%.

(Not endorsing, just posting as an example)

3 Likes

Thanks Craig. Im only 20 odd years off there age so it feels like coming home :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use a Japanese masking tape called Washi tape. It works wonders on ultra bright LEDs and doesn’t permanently mark anything up. I use tiny pieces of the white Washi tape and layer it until I get the desired level of brightness on the LEDs. It’s totally saved my eyes.

1 Like

That manatee sounds like a buy for me. Might be my first kickstarter.

1 Like

I figure they’re probably not great for exposed LED’s but maybe good if there’s a screen over them!

I considered plasticoat (as it’s also removable), spray some into the lid and use a fine paint brush - that’s the closest thing to a good idea I got but realised I was starting to get a bit carried away

Shot a few cool videos today. Mainly a great sound demo of the motor synth. Played with it a bit myself as well. Crazy thing.
Also played with pulsar23 for the first time. Damn :man_facepalming:t3: I shouldn’t have done that.
Think I’ll release a video or two this weekend.

11 Likes

That motor synth is wild - look forward to watching that video!

5 Likes

1 Like

Putting on small bits of gel would be frustrating. I might just sharpie it.

Where?

There is little to no new info on the Winter Modular / Plankton Electronics Zaps. Please go and check it out everyone! I am really interested in the module as a sample source.

1 Like

Does it require oil for the motors?:kissing:

1 Like

That would be cool because you would tied to maintaining it in between sessions

1 Like

Sonic State did a video on Zaps yesterday.

4 Likes