Superbooth 2020

@cold_fashioned Thanks brother, I’m just one of millions I’m afraid but sincerely appreciate you kindness.
Our Chancellor has just announced they will do whatever it takes to protect business and families alike. £330 billion package equalling 15% of GDP.
Anyhoo, thanks again.
STAY SAFE & MAKE BEATS. :+1:

1 Like

you still dont get it. These numbers are maybe a week old and rely on tested ones (and these will go up in no time!), the unknown number of infections we will probably never know. Maybe the BfA is happy, but start losing your family like your older parents, maybe that will change your mind…

1 Like

You shouldn’t call something “nonsense” until reading and understanding all the information on the RKI homepage about the pandemia. Those guys at the RKI know what they are talking about … much more then anybody of us.

Not accepting the fact is …

What you call “nonsense” I call “responsibility for the community”.

Be happy to live in a country, where so few people died from the virus. To keep this as low as possible, preventive measures are to be taken to reduce the risk to infect more and more people.

I see it as a benefit that German government seems to listen to scientists and experts, considers the facts and analysis of people, who know what they are talking about, and tries to reduce the outbreak as much as possible.

It’s as simple as this:

• the more people meet in the open or in closed rooms, the more will get infected
  • more infected will generate more critical infected
  • more critical infected need treatment in a hospital and can overload the medical system
  • an overloaded medical system will not be able to save lives

Let’s not forget … up to date … the number of infected increases by an exponential function. This can only be reduced by staying away from each other, meeting only in very small groups, keeping it as hygienic as possible, and going shopping only for mandatory goods and medicine.

5 Likes

Back on topic – SonicShows

In todays SonicTallk #611 (right after the Izotope plug) Nick talks about the organizing he is doing to put together his SonicShows project to fill in for Superbooth. He will be doing things like he does with the Sonic Talk shows with guests and presentations to put together a forum for the unveiling of new products. He is asking for companies to contact him and then plan things out. Would be good to see other people be doing similar sorts of presentations.

The other thing that Nick does, is he gives recognition to the people at Superbooth and all the good work they have been doing.

4 Likes

I think bobeats mentioned doing the same thing

2 Likes

I’ve created a new thread for more discussion of online trade shows – hopefully there’s one specifically this year to replace Superbooth.

And there is, or at least there will be. Superbooth changed over their main page to Superbooth 20 Home Edition. So far it’s pretty much an empty shell, but i would expect to see more detail about this soon.

2 Likes
4 Likes

One week to go for SuperBooth Home Edition. Any rumours or predictions on new gear coming out? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Buckle up for the last few days. I expect some very good news and some good surprises.

Things certainly have been quieter leading up to this “Home Edition” of the show, but that will make the boom coming up all the louder.

You can find a good schedule of all the “Live Streams” kept here.

A few announcements have trickled out already, like from Erica Synths, expect a few more in the next few days and then BOOM.

1 Like

Is it time to find out about the mysterious Product #16Transfer?

1 Like

Not a single rumor!?

Usually there’s always rumors of products leading up to superbooth. Could it be that quarantine is stoping any leaks from getting out…

2 Likes

Ive been thinking the same thing! There is always leaks and rumors leading up to the big events. So my theory is that all the rumors are from people working at the supply chain for the events. Like people setting up the booths and such.

Or from (the peeps at) pr agencies :wink:

What if there is nothing new to be teased and rumored about ? Nothing to see here folks, just come back next year.

Nah !

I remember watching one of the superbooth promo videos and one of the guys said he will reveal what’s in these three boxes during the event. They were just generic boxes, but one did look the same size as the Models line :sweat_smile:

Edit: not that I think a new Models is coming. There’s been no teaser videos for a start

2 Likes

This guy:

3 Likes

Nick says he’s got more than 30 videos, so i presume that means more than 30 new products. I think this will start on Friday.

BTW craig – The guy with the boxes is Herr Schneider.

ADDED LATER: As both my friends Soundrider and pulsn have pointed out this is NOT Herr Schneider this is actually Peter Grandl from amazona.de. Thank you both.

2 Likes

Fingers crossed! But I think the start date is actually tomorrow, so we might be getting busy on Thursday 23rd (don’t know about Sonicstate, but for others). At least according to this: https://www.gearnews.com/superbooth20-home-edition-find-whats-on-where/

1 Like

I think the hard part about the virtual bit is that we’ll get pumped about a new product, but availability to actually get it after it’s announced is null, due to shipping constraints per Covid.

That said, Still looking forward to new product releases.

1 Like