Superbooth 19

Legacy wise and lately, they seem to release products consistently, every 1-3 years… The biggest difference was between the Machinedrum UW (2005) and the Octatrack MKI (2010), which was their gigantic product.

If they do release a big box this year I’d be pretty surprised even though I’m hopeful. They’d have to have been working on it behind the scenes alongside the Octatrack MKII, Rytm MKII, Analog Four MKII, Digitakt, Digitone, Model:Samples, Analog Heat MKII, and OB 2.0, all of which were released 2017 or later… So around 3 years and we got all that. I sincerely hope we get a keyboard with all the triggy instruments!

Superbooth opens on 9 May.

3 Likes

Thanks mate… Within the return window on my Digitone!

Not that I’ll inevitably return it, especially if there’s a Digitone update, but… If it’s 4+ voices and analog… It’s more useful to me with my current setup.

I literally just bought a prologue 8, I really hope Elektron doesn’t drop a polyphonic keyboard at super booth. That would make me sad.

2 Likes

This is a self-defeating attitude. Another new products changes ZERO about the one you already have. You just have to use it, as opposed to focusing on the other side of the fence.

16 Likes

The best instrument is the one you have, I get that.

1 Like

Amen!

I’m just logging my excitement for what may or may not come… some of the rumours about a new DIGI os have me quite excited especially the random. I’d presume it would ignore parameter locks so you could have your main sound plocked and then copy/paste that across the patterns then add in a bunch of trigs elsewhere with a lower overall volume and snappy envelope settings then whilst it’s playing back just keeping randomising SYN1 (DN) or SRC2 (DT) for fun and controlled chaos. Add in some CTRL-ALL and FUNC NO and it’s action stations!!

As for a new box, well, I’ll be curious but I’m not particularly fussed if it is going to be a big box or not. No space for additional keyboards and even the MK2 boxes I find to be too cumbersome. Horses for courses and all that.

Preordered the new incoming Elektron machine this morning from my dealer.
Best clues are price ----Model series or Octatrack 2
Its going to be in one of this two price brackets

1 Like

Tr8s has random. No reason elektron couldn’t implement something similar. Or in the digitakt’s case you kinda don’t really need this bc it’s just so easy to do it yourself.

I’m all jazzed up about elektron releases! Even though I was disappointed after the last one I was still excited for it bc it does show elektron is able to go in every direction possible.

How much was the mystery pre-order?

So what you’re saying is if you have somewhere between $400 and $1300 laying around your in there? :joy:

2 Likes

Mentioned it already in the whats next thread, but the delay in the digitone OB2 addition makes me guess there will something in that corner, prob a keys version of the digitone, digital keys, and a public beta for the full OB2 suite.

Hope the formfactor will be more in line with the Digitone, would love a 2019 version of the DX100.

1 Like

My dealer told me, “If you can afford a truck, you can afford the new Elektron box.”

4 Likes

My dealer used to tell me that too, except for… never mind.

Got any evidence of this or just an anecdote similar to what anyone can type up on here?

@heckadecimal It’s not necessarily self-defeating if you purchased something because there was nothing that fit the exact bill you were looking for but did the job well enough, and then the exact thing you’ve been looking for is released.

If not, I’ll have the Digitone which is as close to what I want in utility as is out. If so, then I’ll have the Keys version of what I’ve been seeking for months. There are only two outcomes, either one being positive.

It’s weird to claim someone has a self-defeating attitude with a cup half empty.

2 Likes

trademark categories for the Soundwave

• Instruments (Musical -); Musical instruments; Organs [musical instruments]; Electronic musical instruments; Electric musical instruments; Recorders [musical instruments]; Mechanical musical instruments; Keyboard instruments [musical]; Synthesizers [musical instruments]; Keys for musical instruments; Electronically operated musical instruments; Computer controlled musical instruments; Electric keyboards [musical instruments]; Electronic keyboards [musical instruments]; Electronic musical apparatus and instruments; Musical instruments controlled by microprocessor; Musical instruments controlled by computer.
2 Likes

trademark categories for the Digistrike

Music synthesizers; Electronic synthesizers; Electronic drums; Robotic drums; Drums [musical instruments]; Drum machines; Electronic musical instruments; Mechanical, electric and electronic musical instruments; Musical instruments controlled by computer; Electronic musical apparatus and instruments; Musical instruments controlled by microprocessor.

If the Minilogue XD is anything to go by, the Prologue-8 is an amazing instrument. No new shiny toy is going to change that.

2 Likes

So Digistrike might be Digi sized drum synth with pads for finger drumming.
Soundwave would be a keyboard controlled synth, but the recorder category is intriguing.
Just speculating here of course :smiley:

Soundwave = sounds like a poly hybrid keyboard (analogue filters + digi OSC). Yep

6 Likes