Subsequent 37 or Pro 3

Subsequent 37 or Pro 3?
About the same price… but does Pro 3 sound better than an Evolver? Is it really worth soundwise compared to tthe Subsequent 37?

Only you can tell :slight_smile: if you want the modern Moog sound, the Pro 3 can’t go there. If you want a Sequential mono, the Moog doesn’t stand a chance.

They sound so differently and do so different things, it really comes down to where you’re coming from with this.

5 Likes

If I could have test them… but no shops around me.
Thing is I got an Evolver… and until now I don t see Pro 3 being much better…

Digitone.

13 Likes

Ahahaaa :smiley:

Pro 3 is not the next generation Evolver. Nothing quite like the magic from that blue little fella.

4 Likes

When i knew the pro came out i went no thx have enough monosynhts.

Ive played with the synth when I was in a local musicshop.

And wooow what a beast, and like circuitghost is saying totally something different then the subseq 37

1 Like

Do u have any experience with the Evolver?

Evolver to me always had a kind of magic, surreal sound. Like where’s this coming from? Dream stuff. Pro 3 sounds like a super pro, modulation monster of the 2020. It does everything and it’s fantastic. But it’s not magic :star:

1 Like

Very helpful!! Thanks!:+1:

1 Like

Stop looking at the Pro 3, and look at the Pro 2

More modulation, more keys, dual filter, more oscillators than Pro 3.
More of an upgrade to the Evolver than the Pro 3 is. It’s the deepest synth out of the DSI/Sequential monos.

11 Likes

More keys? It’s not a 37 key synth?

I realise we’re drifting now but how’s the paraphony on the Pro 2? Good for chords?

Very good for chords. You get 4 ‘voices’ each can do an of the same selection of waveforms, including the superwaves. So you can have a four-voice super-saw patch for great string/brass type sounds, or the weirder waves for something less ‘conventional’.
Each ‘voice’ has a separate VCA, but they share the two filters and VCFs. Uness you want some really striking filter changes that need to run per-voice to sound right it’s absolutely great.

1 Like

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm …

2 Likes

:pray:

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CF4MicWJ52h

This is a Pro2 with the wierdest paraphonic patch I’ve found.

1 Like

44 keys! Actually makes more of a difference in playability than I imagined it would.

And as @tomfs mentioned, the individually gated VCAs make the 4 voices feel more “poly through a single filter” than “para through a single VCA”

Some of my own (not crazy) Paraphonic works:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CGS4fvPhFlJ/?igshid=soq23fqnvouw

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CFpzXZ2BwoO/?igshid=hd980mipy1pi

6 Likes

Steady now, boys. I’m starting to eye this for real.

2 Likes

You already have the Prophet 12, which it’s sibling. So you might as well make it a pair.

I’ve heard that owning both unlocks a third realm.

2 Likes

Yes, buuut … after my (very modest) release, I am considering parting with it now. I can’t seem to get along with it lately.

Maybe this is just the usual vain gear googling and I’ll end up keeping my stuff and not getting anything. That’s usually how it goes.

3 Likes