Stutter Effect Pedals

Thanks.

This new one from Hologram looks pretty badass too. It has Glitch / Stutter Effects; performs many other functions also.

4 Likes

…otto and the 2 hologram pedal machines are gamechangers…

1 Like

any vids of it on drums, can’t seem to find… looks the business.

It’s still in pre-order stage (due in May, I think). Not much out there, but they make some cool, if a bit esoteric, fx units.

I always wanted to try the Big Metal Judder pedal. Hard to come by though, and also not in stereo, but so cooool!

You can send midi clock to it!

1 Like

No one for the KP3? Lots of MIDI time slice and bit reduction, all with automation…throw in some filters, vocoders and shit reverbs…boom…

1 Like

The Zoom cdr70/ms100bt/g3 etc all have a slicer pedal also with different patterns among other things.

2 Likes

As I’m in the UK, I’ve just emailed them to ask about there no returns policy, they advise on the website - no returns but they will fix any faulty units. I’m just wondering about the logistics of sending an item back to the US to be repaired, if its covered by their insurance and if it will be straightforward in terms of not having to pay import duties/VAT for a second time.

Just been checking out the Pladask Elektrisk Fabrikat, its mono but has a really nice beat repeat capability.

Not the best vids but two one minute examples with drums/drums and sample:

All sounds from BB into Ottobit. Dry drums on OT:

All sounds from a M:S into BB. Dry drums on BB:

1 Like

It is stereo but there’s a function/setting that switches to mono when you turn one of the knobs. I’ve previously owned several Ottobit’s but I can’t remember the details. But I did email Meris and they said it was normal behaviour. I’ll see if I still have the email.

Edit: I No longer have the Meris email/ info.

Scooper won’t do the effect ‘live’, you have to ‘record’ a loop to be scattered/stuttered.
I had a Scooper and couldn’t get a good clean loop.

It’s fine for glitching I guess but with trying to scatter breaks (which you want to remain good) I wasnt happy with the outcome.

:+1::+1:

very nice, cheers for posting that… the BB is also on the radar.

At the moment its between the Ottobit, PE Fabrikat or waiting for the Microcosm which is a bit of a gamble on the stutter side without being able to see it on drums…

1 Like

Yea the microcosm isnon the radar as well now that this thread brought it into existence haha

1 Like

Indeed! I didn’t realise when I found this site that I was casually backstroking into a massive whirlpool.

1 Like

Why am I watching this thread…Never thought that I needed any of these pedals but feel different now.

4 Likes

I don’t have the slicer, but the algorithm is in the md500 and is great for coming up with ideas .

Me too. The blooper looks like MAD fun and midi control too for perfect loops!